Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My Rio!

Psych50
12-27-2001, 11:32 PM
Since any decent Kia forum seems VERY hard to find (still haven't found any active ones...this one included!), thought I'd just put in my two cents here.

I've got a Rio RX-V Sport (the 5 door hatchback) and so far have gone 1500km's with no troubles whatsoever. The gas mileage isn't as good as they advertise, but let's face it, I don't drive it like they want me to drive it anyways! I was gentle to it for the first 800 klicks or so, but now I'm shifting at 5k regularly and it's nice! Still getting over 300km's per $19 tank (canadian funds), so it's still very good in my books!

One tiny rattle developed in one of the front vents, but the service guys said they'll fix that up when it comes in for it's first service/oil change or whatever. All in all, I'm very happy with it and think it's well worth the price!

The smell some people have mentioned on other forums (rotten eggs, etc) is from manifold paint, it was there for me for 200 kilometers, now I don't have it at all anymore.

Maybe it's just that this is a 2002 model, but to all the naysayers I say...umm...nay! :-) My Rio rocks and it's worth the rather small chunk of cash required.
Mike
British Columbia!

sgarrand
07-09-2002, 05:15 PM
I'm trying to start a Kia Owner's Forum (http://forums.delphiforums.com/4kia) and I'd like to invite you. Stop by, post a message. Thanks!

Scott

Psych50
07-09-2002, 08:34 PM
Having some major troubles actually getting INTO your forum there...asked me to signin, no worries, created a new account (two of them now), but everytime I go to reply it's saying "Register your new Delphi account now!" Won't take my username/pw.

The help doesn't help, just says I've got my cookies disabled (I don't)...grrr...I'd love to participate, but gack! :-(
Mike...

sgarrand
07-10-2002, 10:51 AM
I don't know why it's doing that but I'd really like it if you did get in.. I need some help to get this thing off the ground :) E-mail me (scott@garrand.org) if you still can't get in. I'll try to help. Thanks for trying!

Scott

DesertBum
11-06-2002, 09:20 AM
I agree. My wife and I bought ours this weekend (11-2-2002) and no problems yet. I does have 10,000 miles already on it. Gas mileage seems to be around 36mpg, sound right? I am happy so far.

Ron
2002 Rio (Atlantic blue) Automatic/4door/etc.

Bizz
12-01-2002, 08:30 AM
Active Kia Forums (http://www.streetkiaz.com)

john t
05-25-2003, 01:12 PM
I own a 2001 Rio 4-door sedan w/5-speed and now have 18k miles on it. So far, no problems and it gets approx. 35 mpg highway/28-30 city. I amd 6'5" tall so found the Rio to allow me enough leg-room w/comfortable seating. I can make 12 hour drives w/out discomfort for a car of it's size and affordibility. I enjoy the built in AM/FM/CD player's stereo sound as well. It's very quiet inside, sans the road noise collected off the tires on rough pavements. Other than this, very good car for the price. I also enjoy its virtually maintainance-free operation and the excellent warrantee coverages. I say, if they believe in their car THIS much, I've got to try it out.:smoker2:

all168
04-05-2004, 11:28 PM
I got a 03 rio for 9 mo with 9K mi, I went to dealer once for the braking part's noise, then never had any problem. I got about 28 for mostly city driving and 31 for mostly fwy driving. Nice little car, it can not compare for corolla or civic 'cos they cost a lot more, but so far, it is a nice car for me from a to b.

Add your comment to this topic!