Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Bad Idle

keithy
01-28-2004, 11:47 AM
:naughty: I have a 94 altima that bolws black smoke and hard to start in the morning's ,after it warm's up it does fine. I have checked fuel pressure, temp sensor,fuel regulator, mass air flow... Does any one have any suggestions on this proplem??? Thanks

paparay
01-28-2004, 08:09 PM
The first thing I would do is go to Autozone and see if they can pull any codes from your computer.

If you get any codes go with them and associated circuits.

Off the top of my head, O2 sensor, coolant sensor, any thing that would make it run too rich when cold. Yes, I know its supposed to run richer when cold but it can be way too rich.

Timing is critical on a 4 banger and in combination with cold weather could contribute to this problem.

You do know you have to disconnect a sensor to set the timing properly? I figured you did. Almost forgot...New plugs, wires, cap and rotor never hurt anything.

Good Luck

240slider
03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
I think you have a leaking injector which is causing your cylinder to be flooded with fuel .check your spark plugs gap because with a leaking injector and poor gap that can cause the rough starting because it's to much fuel for the plug to ingnite.

habenero2002
06-24-2004, 09:05 PM
first of all i wouldn't go to autozone and have a part jockey diag you car take it to a nissan dealer.

danman79
01-06-2005, 08:10 PM
If your check Engine light does not come on there are no error codes to find.

Add your comment to this topic!