Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

GM OEM Navigation 3D views

Supra_Denali
01-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Hey guys.. I got my navi a lil while ago and I was looking through all of the available views for the navi and found that the black background was the easiest on my eyes so I am keeping it at that. I saw someone on here posted pics of their GM Navi and it had a real 3D look to it, I mean I have the 3D view but its nothing like this. Here is the link.. maybe it just looks different but still the same view as mine

http://home.earthlink.net/~vintalage/images/Car%20Audio%20&%20Video/Delphi%20Navigation/nav3dsplitmap.jpg

Also the background on my NAV unit is like a whitish background, its plugged into my 2002 S10 at the moment and thats the way my dash lights up, the unit itself was out of an 03 Escalade. I know the unit knows what car its plugged into because it shows a chevy start screen even tho its out of a cadillac. When I get my Denali the background is blue for the gauges and everything, will the backlight on the buttons on the nav turn blue when its plugged into the Denali?? Because I saw someone elses nav unit from a denali on here and the buttons were blue not white. Just wondering

Thanks

Mark

edit: How do you get the screen to get this dark? Is it a "night mode" or something? Because even in night mode my navi background is black but the audio is still bright blue? Do I need to change a setting?

http://home.earthlink.net/~vintalage/images/Car%20Audio%20&%20Video/Delphi%20Navigation/RDS/hot995rds.jpg

Where can I download an online manual for this unit?

Thanks Again
Mark

tonytone
01-28-2004, 04:07 PM
As far as the 3D view pic you posted--notice that the right-hand part of the view isn't 3D; in any case, you can specify that the nav display a split screen, with the right-hand side showing a zoomed-in scale of your current location.

As far as the black-background display for the radio stations--I believe that you can select from one of 5 or 6 different background choices. I don't know exactly how, since I'm not driving my DXL today and I don't have the manual in front of me, but I believe that you can get to it by either hitting the "Config" button or pushing the center of the round pad when in radio screen mode.

And I believe the backlight color on the instrument panel and buttons on the Denali (at least the '04 ones) as you noted is blue IIRC...but I'll check again, if only because my memory sucks in my old age...

tonytone
01-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Update--the nav buttons on my '04 DXL are backlit white, not blue; do you know what vehicle the pic with the blue backlit nav buttons was taken from?

Also, I can't get the background color for the radio screen to turn black like that in the screenshot shown in the first post, either; the color adjustments are for the nav screen only (at least such is the case for my particular vehicle) and even then, the different color selections (4 to choose from, plus "Auto" and "Normal", for day and night color modes) aren't all that different from each other. What vehicle was that black-background tuner pic shot taken from?

drlib2002envoy
02-25-2004, 12:56 PM
Hey guys.. I got my navi a lil while ago and I was looking through all of the available views for the navi and found that the black background was the easiest on my eyes so I am keeping it at that. I saw someone on here posted pics of their GM Navi and it had a real 3D look to it, I mean I have the 3D view but its nothing like this. Here is the link.. maybe it just looks different but still the same view as mine

http://home.earthlink.net/~vintalage/images/Car%20Audio%20&%20Video/Delphi%20Navigation/nav3dsplitmap.jpg

Also the background on my NAV unit is like a whitish background, its plugged into my 2002 S10 at the moment and thats the way my dash lights up, the unit itself was out of an 03 Escalade. I know the unit knows what car its plugged into because it shows a chevy start screen even tho its out of a cadillac. When I get my Denali the background is blue for the gauges and everything, will the backlight on the buttons on the nav turn blue when its plugged into the Denali?? Because I saw someone elses nav unit from a denali on here and the buttons were blue not white. Just wondering

Thanks

Mark

edit: How do you get the screen to get this dark? Is it a "night mode" or something? Because even in night mode my navi background is black but the audio is still bright blue? Do I need to change a setting?

http://home.earthlink.net/~vintalage/images/Car%20Audio%20&%20Video/Delphi%20Navigation/RDS/hot995rds.jpg

Where can I download an online manual for this unit?

Thanks Again
Mark

I have a 2002 Envoy do you know if the Nav system will work in it ? I have the 6 disc indash Bose system

Thanks for any help

Add your comment to this topic!