Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ferrari 355 Challenge

luxuriouslyloudz
01-28-2004, 02:33 AM
Probablly been done before, but just got done playing about 2 hrs worth of this game at the arcade in the MGM Grand complex on the Vegas Strip. BY FAR the best "practice" for road racing I've ever come across. Driving mode help tone your skills. I actually tried heel and toe and am pretty comfortable with the concept.
You can either pick automatic/paddle manual/or 6-speed.....well since I don't have an auto and most like never afford or convert to paddle, I stayed with stick.
A must have for any home.....just how DO you get thhe entire machine in there anyway... :)

tc3
02-04-2004, 06:21 PM
why would you spend the money on that when with just a fraction of that could get you a more realistic setup... with a good computer just buy the act-labs wheel shifter and performance pedals and then build your cockpit such as the people at the forums at racesimcentral (http://www.racesimcentral.com) under the build your own cockpit, wheel, etc...

ive even seen people with an external rpm gauge made from a servo...

and the game is racer (http://www.racer.nl) which has probobly been talked about under the game fourm here before but it is the best simulation, and best of all its free and open source...

and the game works with almost all hardware and can even work with this system that actually moves the cockpit with hydrolics(sp?) i think..

and anyone can make there own cars...

P10DET
04-04-2004, 10:45 PM
You've got to be kidding. You guys need to get off the fucking couch and go racing. You can buy a SCCA IT race car, ready to race with a current log book for less than one of those high end video games. And for $5000 you can get some really nice race cars.

Life doesn't happen on a computer. Get out there and live it.

tha_new_guy
04-21-2004, 02:59 AM
You've got to be kidding. You guys need to get off the fucking couch and go racing. You can buy a SCCA IT race car, ready to race with a current log book for less than one of those high end video games. And for $5000 you can get some really nice race cars.

Life doesn't happen on a computer. Get out there and live it.

:werd:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Add your comment to this topic!