Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I got to race an S2000

integralover
01-28-2004, 12:45 AM
I finally got to race one tonight.:grinyes: we were at this stop light, and it was a friend of mine that i've been trying to race for awhile. he was in the far right lane and i was in the center, since i got my new clutch a month ago, ive been kinda grannying off the line,he had me by his full car length, then a f*&(^ing explorer pulled out right infront of him.:nono: luckily he got around it and we caught the next light.:naughty: this time i was gong all out, forget the granny launch. he kinda laughed at me so i told him i was not giving it my all, and let's get ready. light turned green and he got about 1-2 on me, and i held him till we hit some traffic which we were doing about 85 mph. so what im trying to figure out is, how the hell could i stay with him so well:screwy: i know my friend and i know he can drive. but is this really possible? or do i have a freak LS on my hands?

got v-tec?
01-28-2004, 10:57 AM
first off your lucky to beable to race an s2000! ive been wanting to race one forever. but you shouldnt beable to only lose by 2 cars from 0to85 he shouldnt just kept gaining on you rather fast. and yes ive seen my fair share of factory freaks. last season my friend just had a95'b18c1 installed in his hatch w/ no mods and i had all my mods except hondata and n20 and i launched on him hard got a good 2,3 cars on him by 330ft and he past me up at about 90 i got a 15.4 and he got a 15.2 and neither of us had are engines tuned but when i got hondata i shaved 4 tenths of my time.

Add your comment to this topic!