Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

96 Legacy Dash Lights

buellbucks
01-27-2004, 06:22 PM
I have no lights a night, they are all out, I would have guessed it was a fuse but they are all good. I think it may have something to do with the aftermarket Head unit that was installed in the car when I bought it...
Just thought maybe there was a quck fix to this, if you have any ideas pls let me know.
Thanks,
Ben

snownskate
02-16-2004, 09:54 PM
Did you ever find a fix for this? I have a 1997 GT and only the temperature cluster light is out.

Diesel2NR
02-18-2004, 12:05 AM
the light on my climate control cluster is out also, but I've really found no need to fix it...seems like a lot of work when I only use 2 of the buttons (being defrost and defrost/floor) and the fan speed thingy. www.scoobymods.com has a walkthrough in the mods section for either GC8 Imprezas or the Legacys on how to replace the bulbs though in the climate control cluster. HTH

mtkoren
06-23-2004, 07:38 AM
There are a few tiny bulbs behind the units. My 95 legacy has about 4 bulbs. Believe it or not they all burn out at about the same time. A local good service place replaced all of them in 1 hour but you need the right ones. So now I have all my climate lights working fine again!

sha_zapple
06-24-2004, 09:56 PM
go to scoobymods.com

There you will be able to find lots of info on replacing bulbs all throught your dash.

Im not sure about the original posters question though. If its all gone then chances are its a fuse. I doubt it has anything to do with the atermarket stereo

mtkoren
06-24-2004, 10:47 PM
I've heard it more than once that if the fuse is not gone - then it is not unusual for all the bulbs to have gone out, as hard as that was for me to initially swallow - it was my bulbs!

sha_zapple
06-26-2004, 07:10 PM
I just thought of this... Maybe its the dimmer switch? Of course, i cant remember whether or not our cars have one... haha

Add your comment to this topic!