Lookin for Diablo 6.0 info - Hey Alan

Cherm
01-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Anyone know anything about Platinum Motors in Beverly Hills?

I am interested in this car:

http://www.platinummotors.com/inventory/details.php?snum=0112679

What should I do/check before buying it?? Only has 4,500 miles; one owner from the same dealer.

Thanks!

wings700
01-26-2004, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=Cherm]Anyone know anything about Platinum Motors in Beverly Hills?

What should I do/check before buying it?? Only has 4,500 miles; one owner from the same dealer.

Thanks!/QUOTE]

This car may have been abused. Be careful.

Cherm
01-27-2004, 12:49 AM
Any car may have been abused. Anything specific make you say that?

-Davo
01-27-2004, 05:40 AM
i'd give anything to own that car, take it while you still have the opportunity. CARPE DIEM!

wings700
01-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Anyone know anything about Platinum Motors in Beverly Hills?

Thanks!

First of all. Buying a car out of state is full of problems if you have to sue the Dealer later. Are you a Calif resident? Second, unless you can get the car to a service dept that really knows the product and is one that you can trust (no conflict of interest) you must get a complete prebuy mechanical check. Sometimes it is hard to find a service facility in the same town that you are buying the car in that has not already done work for the seller and will continue to do work for him long after you have left town. Classic case of "Conflict of Interest". There is a yellow 6.0 for sale by a dealer that has only 3500 miles on it. The car LOOKS beautiful. I talked with the original owner and found out Lamborghini had bought the car back to avoid being sued. Then they offered it in a "silent" auction to all their dealers. I got copies of all the service records. About 70 pages and $100000 in repairs all under Warranty fourtunatley for the owner. The car was in the shop for more days than the owner actually had use of it. Now the car you are considering is out of Warranty. Are you prepared for the financial drain that may come later, to say nothing about the wasted time you will spend going back and forth to a dealer while the car just sits there "waiting" for parts. I can almost bet you that this car you are considering has had its clutch replaced. Why does a clutch need replacing in 4500 miles? Because the yahoo driving it is abusing it. (just found out that the clutch was replaced on THIS car)

If you are bound and determened to to buy one my advise would be try to find one in your home state where you can get a good independant prebuy inspection or, if you got the $, buy a Gallardo or Murci NEW with a Warranty. Sorry if this sound negative but it's just the way it is with Lambo's and other cars of its type. Someone here posted a messege that says "go for it" Carpe Diem! My response is: there is a car sucker born every minute. Dealers count on it. Don't be a sucker or a fool. If you are intent of buying one of these cars do it the smart way that I suggested or save yourself a lot of misery and Forget it! Either way, Good Luck

-Davo
01-27-2004, 09:45 PM
Makes ya think....

I'd buy from a dealer, brand new, but the car I want arn't in production any more.

allanlambo
01-27-2004, 10:10 PM
Cherm, i wouldnt worry about buying a used car. Just make sure to have it inspected. Ive been to Platinum Motors, and spoken to them several times. From what ive seen, most La Lambos are bought more to be seen in, than abused. The car looks very nice , and i love the stereo. Join www.lamborghini-talk.com , there are plenty of Diablo owners who can offer more thoughts and ideas. I myself, wouldnt worry about buying a used car.

Add your comment to this topic!