Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

is power lock related to car starting problem?

Lisasmiley
01-25-2004, 12:08 PM
I have a 2001 cavalier and I have a lot of trouble with my driver's door power lock. It takes like five minutes to unlock. I know it's the cold weather but this morning my car doesn't start and it's not that cold outside. Is it possible that because I'm having lock problems, that the car doesn't realize that my door is unlock and that it won't start because of the anti-theft? When I try to start it, a lock picture shows up on my panel, could it be related? If somebody know, please help me?

Lisa

starkfu
01-25-2004, 03:39 PM
hmmm, sounds to me like GM's famous class 1 digital technology is failing. Have you taken it to your dealer yet? sounds like the digitally integrated computer system is giving you problems.

Lisasmiley
01-25-2004, 05:55 PM
hmmm, sounds to me like GM's famous class 1 digital technology is failing. Have you taken it to your dealer yet? sounds like the digitally integrated computer system is giving you problems.

No, that's my next step. I tried boosting it, it's not the battery, I tried plugging it and we've checked the fuses. A few weeks ago it did that to me right after I came home from a 45 min drive. I turned off my car and went to start it again...but that day it was really cold and I think the hot and the cold just froze my car. Half an hour later when my car cooled down it started again.

Tomorrow morning I will have to call a tow truck and bring it to my dealership. I'm starting to think that it's the computer too. I'm starting to think that it's my computer too.

Thanks, Lisa

Lisasmiley
01-25-2004, 06:40 PM
I finally figured out what the problem was. My starter was frozen so we went out and banged on it and it finally started. Tomorrow I am going to replace my starter.

Add your comment to this topic!