Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no heat when stopped?

IntegraB18LS
01-25-2004, 12:06 AM
i have a 1995 civic ex coupe with a 1995 integra b18b1 engine, civic radiator and fan. my heat never really gets hot in my car, always blows kinda warm but sometimes on occasion will get hot. latly when i come to stops or slow down i dont have any heat at all, with the temps being in the negatives latly it gets cold quick. Im gussing i either need a thermastat or heater core? what does it sound like to you guys I do have a whole integra dash with heater box and stuff here if it is the core i might as well swap that in but i dont want to until spring because that is a bit of work. my temp. guage always stays about the same and never reaches the half way mark - it more stays about 1/3 of the way and thats leads me to belive the thermistat is good. so any input?

thanks alot
Kyle

i_a_n112784
01-25-2004, 01:30 PM
The thermostat could be stuck open, in which case the heat gauge would stay in the normal area. I would definately replace the old thermostat before going much further, because they are cheap, relatively easy to replace, and is most likely the problem.

Add your comment to this topic!