Page updated on 10-24-2017

SpOoKsDaWg805
12-27-2001, 08:37 AM
Hello everyone!I'd like to start by saying that I am pleased that I found this site it has a lot of helpful stuff and best of all a forum to communicate with other fellow modelers :cool: In the past few months I have done 7 models (non as good as some of yours) after doing about 12 about 6 years ago so I am a bit "new" to this still. I have been improving on each model and I will soon post a few pictures of the ones I think are worthy. I will contribute any info I can and hopefully learn many new things about modeling.
Now with the questions: What is the difference between enamel and acrylic paints? I have always used Testors enamel and for christmas I recieved a set of Testors acrylic paint so I am curious about this.
When gluing clear parts are my only options white glue,Micro Crystal Clear, and Weldbond? Or are there any alternative incase I cant find the later two?

Well thats it for now :sun:

Freddy

Guiddy
12-27-2001, 09:26 AM
Welcome to AF! You will like it here!

You must check out the gallery, and when you have a few hours spare, go through all the links to the other galleries, you will be blown away!

As for your questions...

Enamel and Acrylic are different mediums, enamel being the messier, but easiest to apply well. Use lots of thinners and it goes on really smooth!
Acrylic is harder to paint, it tends to pull back off if you go over it with a brush too many times!

As for the glue, don't even think of using model glue or superglue on clear parts!
I would go for one of the 2 we suggested.

primera man
12-28-2001, 01:27 AM
Welcome along to the "Modelling Mad House" and to AF.

SpOoKsDaWg805
12-28-2001, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have already checked out the gallery and there is some nice work there! Especially yours Guiddy, It seems like you airbrush all your parts, right? And as for the glue on clear parts I have messed up a few already so I will be looking for some glue on my next trip to the hobby shop.

DVSNCYNIKL
12-28-2001, 09:41 AM
Welcome to AF! Hope you find all your information right here. Make sure to tell your friends about us!:D

Guiddy
12-28-2001, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
Make sure to tell your friends about us!:D

People who make models all day don't have any friends!:D

primera man
12-28-2001, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Guiddy

LOL....SOUNDS KINDA TRUE !!!!

DVSNCYNIKL
12-28-2001, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Guiddy

LMAO!!!:bloated:

Jay!
12-28-2001, 10:19 PM
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=169116

What have you built so far?

SpOoKsDaWg805
12-29-2001, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by DVSNCYNIKL
Make sure to tell your friends about us!:D

All my friends admire my models but none of them like to build any.:confused: They dont have half the patience I do but then again I am always getting frustrated but I am still addicted.:smoker2: :D

As for the models I have built:

-64 Impala Lowrider
-65 Impala Lowrider
-Ford Lightning
-Custom Silverado W/Waverider
-Nissan Cefiro(resembles my 3rd gen Maxima)
-S-14 Veilside Sylvia
-70 Chevelle SS
-ITR (I threw away since I messed up big time)

pkw1
12-29-2001, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by SpOoKsDaWg805

All my friends admire my models but none of them like to build any.:confused: They dont have half the patience I do but then again I am always getting frustrated but I am still addicted.:smoker2: :D

As for the models I have built:

-64 Impala Lowrider
-65 Impala Lowrider
-Ford Lightning
-Custom Silverado W/Waverider
-Nissan Cefiro(resembles my 3rd gen Maxima)
-S-14 Veilside Sylvia
-70 Chevelle SS
-ITR (I threw away since I messed up big time)

cool.. welcome to AF dude :) do you have any pictures of your S14?

and you WHAT?? :eek: threw away a model kit????!!!!! you should have taken it apart for spare parts man... :eek:

Jay!
12-29-2001, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by pkw1
and you WHAT?? :eek: threw away a model kit????!!!!! you should have taken it apart for spare parts man... :eek: Setting it on fire and taking pics is also acceptable. :p

SpOoKsDaWg805
12-30-2001, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by pkw1

cool.. welcome to AF dude :) do you have any pictures of your S14?

and you WHAT?? :eek: threw away a model kit????!!!!! you should have taken it apart for spare parts man... :eek:

I dont have any pictures yet I am still trying to figure out how to load up the pics from my digi cam.....soon they'll be up. As for the ITR I only threw away the body and I like the spares I got out of it :buck

pkw1
12-30-2001, 07:25 AM
you can go to www.webshots.com and sign up for free account there.. allows you to link pictures too.. pretty awesome ;)

Add your comment to this topic!