Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 buick Regal remote entry ..

RBM2
01-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Can anyone help with instructions on how to program the remote entry
fobs for a 1996 Buick Regal .. thanks

tman
01-24-2004, 04:54 PM
Moving this to the Buick Regal forum where it belongs...

tman
01-24-2004, 04:56 PM
I know that the instructions here are for 97 and up, try it anyhow, and let us know how it turns out.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=118687

robandrhonda
02-06-2005, 05:48 AM
I am curious if the instructions on this thread worked for the 1996 Regal.
I just bought a 1996 Buick Regal with only one keyless remote. I will be ordering another from Ebay auctions but need to know how to program it. The current remote has the following info on it: p/n 10205239; DOC/MDC: 218 K1035; Model/FCC ID: ABO 0104T. Can someone help me with programming instructions?

robandrhonda
02-07-2005, 05:58 AM
I tried the suggested approach in the string above for 97-99 regals. THe procedure for the '97-'99 regal didn't work on my '96. Does someone have the info out there. Tireburner evidently had the books but it appears that his job took him away from answering lately. Anyone else??

Onblsht
02-12-2005, 11:44 AM
This should work on the 95-96 models:

here's how to do it.
Turn ignition switch "off"
Using a fused jumper, jump data line connector terminal 8 (blk/wht) to terminal 4 Blk close all doors
turn ignition switch "on" door locks cycle
press and hold lock and unlock button on one transmitter alter a 30 second delay the doors will lock and unlock
repeat step to program extra transmitters
do not turn off ignition, if switch is turned off the first transmitter will become inoperative.
disconnect jumper from DLC

NOTES: You do not turn the engine on during programming, only the ignition on. (dash lights and buzzers are on).

The DLC is located below the driver's side dashboard, near the pedals. It will look like a plastic port you connect a computer printer to - about 1" tall by 3" wide.

nuclearjack
06-17-2005, 04:39 PM
This site is kinda weird for posting pics so I hope this works. but is this the data line connector terminal? I have a 1996 buick regal custom. This photo is taken under the steering wheel on the right side if you are sitting in the drivers side.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/uploads/172246/IMG_0007.JPG

nuclearjack
06-18-2005, 01:06 AM
some people are telling me to jump pins under the dash others say go to the trunk and ground a wire. I wonder if I am not going to fry the electrical by mistake

skij710
06-30-2007, 04:31 PM
The 'ground the wire in the trunk' method works also for the 1996 Regal. I have a Gran Sport. The method is tried and true. It will not hurt anything in or on the car. I had the same situation where I bought the car used and didn't get the keyless entry remotes.

Went to a junk yard here in Ohio, they had a few of the type of remote needed for this vehicle (One had a Chevy emblem and the other had an Oldsmobile Emblem). They are black, and rectangular shaped, they aren't rounded like the newer ones. 3 buttons, Lock - Unlock - Trunk. If you still aren't sure it's the right one, you can open it by prying in between the plastic pieces where the keyring goes through... The remote should have 2 Button cell batteries with the number 2016 (Letters before the number are not relevant).

Anyways, whether it has a Buick, Oldsmobile or Chevy emblem on it DOES NOT matter. Mine happens to be from a Chevy and works fine.

1) Open the trunk and pull back the carpet on the right side by the antenna.

2) You will see a single wire with a black plastic connector on the end, it will not be connected to anything, just hanging in there. You might have to look up under to find it but it should be there if you have keyless entry.

3) Take a piece of wire and stick it into the connector (I took a thin solid piece of wire and bent a little hook into it so that it would slide into the connector and stay in there while making contact with the metal inside)

4) Take the other end of the wire and wrap it around the silver, bare braided ground wire (Which is for the antenna)

5) The locks will cycle and the trunk release will cycle one time.

6) Press and hold LOCK and UNLOCK on the remote at the same time for about 5 seconds. If nothing happens, do it again, if nothing do it a third time (It should work by the third time, mine always does it on try #3)

7) The locks should cycle and the trunk release should cycle again.

8) Disconnect the wire from the black connector in the trunk, then try your new keyless entry remote, it should work. If not, the remote may be bad or the batteries may be dead.

I suggest you talk the guy at the junkyard into letting you try it first, you dont know if its broken or the batteries or dead. The batteries usually last a long time so they shouldn't be a problem, especially if you do it right near the car or while you're in the trunk.

I had both the Chevy and the Oldsmobile remote programmed and working with the Regal at the same time. If you want to program 2 remotes, just follow steps 6 and 7 for each remote (IE: Get the locks to cycle with 1 remote, then do the next remote before disconnecting the wire from the connector)

Anyways, after I was done getting the car to work with my new remote, I went in to pay the guy. I asked him what he wanted for it, and he said $5. That's a lot better than going to the dealership, I'd say!

Jeff

BNaylor
07-01-2007, 08:33 AM
skij710,

Welcome to AF.

Thanks for your input, however, please check the date and do not resurrect old threads. Thread closed.

Add your comment to this topic!