Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Best Supra motor?

CZ-R
01-24-2004, 02:00 PM
I've seen a few Supra models that have engine detail (ie. come with a motor). My question is; in your opinion, which Supra model has the best engine detail?

I know the F&F Supra has a motor, as does the Tamiya & Aoshima (Bomex) Supras... (any others?)

Which one do you guys like best?

BTW, the motor isn't going in a Supra :evillol: (you'll see...)

digitalbanzai
01-24-2004, 02:08 PM
The Aoshima is the same as the F & F Supra, just reboxed, it's sadly, well, 1/25 scale garbage. ;) Definately go for the Tamiya ;)

Zcaithaca
01-24-2004, 02:12 PM
tamiya definatly...you wont regret it!

CZ-R
01-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Cool! Thanks for the quick replies! It just so happens that my LHS has a Tamiya Supra in stock, so I'll have to go pick that up :iceslolan

The project I have in mind is going to take a while, so I wanted to start gathering up everything I'll need in advance.

Thanks again!

hirofkd
01-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Fujimi's 5M and 7M motors are more detailed than Tamiya's, if you can find one, that is.

rx7king
01-25-2004, 12:17 AM
The project I have in mind is going to take a while, so I wanted to start gathering up everything I'll need in advance.

Thanks again!

what kinda plans do you have going for it?

CZ-R
01-27-2004, 09:44 AM
An import of a different sort...

I'll be using a Toyota Hi-Lux body ("Custom Version I" <-- I believe it is). Scratchbuilt (complete) tube-frame. Supra motor, Supra rear suspension, and possibly some of the Supra interior - we'll see...

I'm anxious to get started on it, but I want to finish a couple other kits first. Just to get back in the groove...

Add your comment to this topic!