Fuse Info

hulalea
01-22-2004, 05:14 PM
My "front compartment" fuse box is damaged. The 100 amp area fuse was rusted in and when I tried to remove it, it broke into several pieces yet the metal parts cannot be removed (very small shreds). Does anyone know how I would replace the entire box and if so, what is that part called?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hulalea

brig239
07-22-2005, 06:21 PM
My "front compartment" fuse box is damaged. The 100 amp area fuse was rusted in and when I tried to remove it, it broke into several pieces yet the metal parts cannot be removed (very small shreds). Does anyone know how I would replace the entire box and if so, what is that part called?
Any help would be appreciated.
Hulalea
hi
i have just blown the 100 A fuse on my estima whilst trying to jump start it...found out that the "prongs" of the fuse are held in place by screws which can be accesssed front and back (a)when the plastic cover removed at the front ; abit fiddly cos the plastic clips are difficult to see and (b) when the whole plastic unit is removed from the battery post...there is a bolt locating the whole assembly behind the plastic unit remember to locate the fuse and tighten the screws before putting the fuse holder assembly back in place....causes great annoyance if you dont...i have bought an extra 100A fuse and would be happy to sell it to you for part cost and any postage charges...or maybe it would be easier to contact a toyota dealer and ask for a 100 A fuse...they asked for chassis no. etc but got mine without this info and 7 day waiting time... i am in scotland if you wanna buy it

Add your comment to this topic!