Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

in need of advice

5thGenAccord
01-22-2004, 09:18 AM
okay well im planning to lay in some interior neons inside my accord. i already have two under the dash. the way i hooked it up was by splicing the cigarette wire since it is a 12 volt wire, and that is what the neons need. so far no smoke or anything is visible.

my question is...can i hook up two more neons to flood the back with some light to the same place where the other neons are hooked up at?

i heard i could just buy a bigger fuse for the cigarette lighter. will that work? im planning on gettin rid of the cig lighter in the near future. im making a fiberglass custom bezel so it will hold a tv. anyways...please any advice i will appreciate.

needing some advice,
erks

deaz
01-22-2004, 10:50 PM
Well, I just wanted to mention, that while yes, you could simply put in a bigger fuse and hope everything works out okay, I wouldn't recommend it. If you pull too much power from that line you could fry the wiring, or worse. It might just be better to run your own wiring from your battery (with a fuse of course) through your firewall, and to wherever you need it to go. just make sure the gauge can handle whatever you need to power.

5thGenAccord
01-25-2004, 08:42 AM
i see. i just dont want my engine bay full of a whole bunch of wires. but if i must...i must

Add your comment to this topic!