Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

which fpr is better?

mdogg
01-21-2004, 05:34 PM
I'm considering buying a fuel pressure regulator for my 95 acura integra ls. So far i have a AEM intake, OBX headers and tanabe super medallion exhuast. I've considered either buying a B&M fpr or a AEM fpr. Which is easier to install or which is better quality?

Spectre927
01-21-2004, 06:15 PM
I'm considering buying a fuel pressure regulator for my 95 acura integra ls. So far i have a AEM intake, OBX headers and tanabe super medallion exhuast. I've considered either buying a B&M fpr or a AEM fpr. Which is easier to install or which is better quality?

I'd go with AEM.

HTRtech
01-21-2004, 07:32 PM

I would go with the B&M. It is cheaper and more simplistic in its construction. It is easily installed and tuned aswell.

tsugsr
01-21-2004, 09:02 PM
what good does an FPR do? on a mildly modified or even stock car.

mdogg
01-21-2004, 09:36 PM
you need one to make sure you have enough fuel to achieve the right air/fuel ratio. there is already a stock one on your car, but its set to a fixed pressure that may be too low to work with your newly increased air flow such as intake/exhaust/headers. so if you set it at the right pressure, it should help out.

mdogg
01-21-2004, 09:37 PM
has any one had experience installing one? if so is it easy?

HTRtech
01-22-2004, 08:49 PM
has any one had experience installing one? if so is it easy?

Make sure the engine is nice and cool. the B&M will come with basic hardware and hold on to the hardware that comes off when you remove the stock one. After taking the stock one off, the B&M should be self-explanatory. Do not forget to reconnect vacuum hoses. Good Luck

HTRtech
01-22-2004, 08:51 PM
^ that is you make the decision to go through with the purchase and installation.

mdogg
01-22-2004, 09:02 PM
ya i think i will get the B&M fpr, thanks

mdogg
01-22-2004, 09:04 PM
but have you ever had experience with the B&M fuel pressure gauge? if so is that easy to install?

HTRtech
01-22-2004, 09:28 PM
but have you ever had experience with the B&M fuel pressure gauge? if so is that easy to install?

I didn't get one and just tuned it by feel. If you get one it is not very necessary but it should be no problem to install I had a friend with one on their engine in their Si. It is installed under the hood with the FPR but does not do much for looks or the performance of the FPR. If you want as much performance as possible out of your FPR don't reconnect the vacuum hose (not recommended).

Add your comment to this topic!