Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

which clutch for turbo ls?

aznbmxxxer
01-21-2004, 02:01 AM
i just installed installed turbo on my 94 ls about 2 weeks ago. i tried to stay off the gas but it was too tempting, so now my clutch is barley gripping, which clutch is good for my car? i want something that will handle about 300hp (thats my goal hp for the car) and last long. i drove my friends civic with some racing clutch i think stage 3 and that thing was hard to drive. so im looking for something for daily use and racing too. right now im considering act stage 1 or 2, centerforce dual friction or clutchmasters. are those any good?

aznbmxxxer
01-21-2004, 02:09 AM
should i also replace the flywheel too? it has 119k miles on it.

jdmcrxhatch
01-21-2004, 06:53 AM
If you are goin for a quick cheap way i would get am oem clutch and an oem flywheel if you check out www.inlinefour.com they have enough of oem parts in stock.

jdmcrxhatch
01-21-2004, 06:54 AM
NVM now they dont have them...

IntegraB18LS
01-21-2004, 11:42 AM
get a ACT clutch, u can get aluminum flywheels on ebay for like 200 you dont NEED a new one, you can just get yours resurfaced

Kyle

casperGSR
01-21-2004, 04:25 PM
look into clutchmasters stage 3 clutch, good for street and strip.

HondaIntegraXSI
01-23-2004, 06:47 PM
Clutchmasters clutched don't increase peddle effort either.

jeremy172
01-29-2004, 02:53 PM
i just installed installed turbo on my 94 ls about 2 weeks ago. i tried to stay off the gas but it was too tempting, so now my clutch is barley gripping, which clutch is good for my car? i want something that will handle about 300hp (thats my goal hp for the car) and last long. i drove my friends civic with some racing clutch i think stage 3 and that thing was hard to drive. so im looking for something for daily use and racing too. right now im considering act stage 1 or 2, centerforce dual friction or clutchmasters. are those any good?
I use a act 6 puck soild hub thats what i would go with it streets just fine,chatters a bit but worth it when you dump the clutch.Also a extreme pressure plate.Use your stock flywheel i do just make sure you get the step hight correct{as in the cut of the flywheel} i didnt and burned one up.

Add your comment to this topic!