Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1993 Skylark Heater & A/C Air Flow

Fire Tech 1
01-20-2004, 09:37 PM
I just Purchased a 93 Skylark, and living in Wisconsin in the winter I quickly noticed that there was not alot of air flow thru any of the vents depending of course on which one of the fuctions is pushed. I looked at the backside of the heater blower motor from under the hood and noticed its been changed already. I removed the blower and the blower wheel is mounted tight to the motor shaft (not slipping), now before I start digging in under the dash does the 93 Skylark have a history of complaints of low air flow thru the front of the car ? if not I might try a new blower motor with the hope the replacement one that is in there is for a lower output heater. Let me know if you can help!!!

RnRFreak
01-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I have the exact same problem and with it being Winter, I'd like to find out about this as well.

Jeff Rust
08-16-2005, 09:40 AM
Anyone ever figureout what this is?? I have the same problem with my 93 skylark. I have ripped out from the inside back to the heater core/air conditioner core and found nothing. The blockage must be between the core and the Fan?? I get no air flow at all. I've got quotes of 8hours to remove the dash in order to clear the blockage so people at least know how to do it. Does anyone know what causes this?

Jeff Rust
08-16-2005, 09:41 AM
1993 Skylark Heater & A/C Air Flow

Rogue177
02-23-2006, 08:41 AM
I have the exact same problem with my 93 skylark but now my blower motor has completly quit working.No heat in the winter, what a fucking drag.Does anyone know what the problem could be.It seems this is a real issue with this car and i wonder if buick had any recalls for this problem.

Add your comment to this topic!