Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

f22 or f23?

Mugen24
01-20-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone...
I was looking into buy a turbo for my Accord 98-02. I know that it has a f23 engine in it. While I was looking around I noticed that some turbos were being sold for both f22(accord 94-97?) and f23(accord 98-02). Are both motors the same as to measurements for manifolds, turbo links, or headers...etc...? Would a turbo for an accord 97 fit an accord 98? I don't think it will make sense- but then again why not. Can someone help?

jajimo
01-21-2004, 12:43 AM
Not 100% sure on this, but I'd say no. I would assume the engine compartment for the 6th gen (98-02) Accord is much different than the 5th gen (94-97). Also, isn't the F23 a 2.3L engine and the F22 a 2.2L? May seem trivial but that could make a difference whether it fits or not.

Again, I could be completely wrong.

[94]|ACCORDLX|
01-21-2004, 02:56 AM
Would a turbo for an accord 97 fit an accord 98?

No the manifolds r deffinetly different. But they do have manifolds/hearder out there for the f23 have seen em cant remmemer were sorry.

Mugen24
01-21-2004, 04:49 PM
Thanks!
I though about that too. The engines are different but why would the people selling the turbo write turbo for f22 or f23 reffering to the same turbo not two of them? Weird...
I am still wondering if anyone else has seen something like that...
Now if I find a good deal on an accord 97 turbo should I customize that turbo to fit my car... or is this impossible?

Thanks again guys

m0nee
01-22-2004, 09:58 AM
I don't know about you guys... but *whew* the money you guys spend on the whole turbo kits are crazy!!! That's why I'm building my own.

Let me break this down to ya'll. The manifold normally costs 5 hundred to 7 or 8 especially for an accord since they're rare. Most aren't even included in the turbo kits that people spend big bucks on. Yeah they'll include to you all the accessories but minus the manifold, boost controller and sometimes the intercooler. So all you basically have are the pipings, the turbo, the fuel/oil lines, couplings etc... and that's about it. It's amazing how they can go for 2 grand a piece.

Want my senario?? I just recently bought myself a Td05 (Mitsubishi Eclypse Stock Turbo) used, but has no shaft play whatsoever which costs me $250. I also have a used intercooler $50, HSK SSQ BOV for under $100 used, two sets of 2.5 inch 8 feet pipes from Nappa ($50) which I can bend my way into attaching the turbo intake housings thru to the intercooler to the throttle. All I need now are silicone couplings/clamps, a custom downpipe. I am also in the process of buying a boost controller. As for the manifold?? Hah! I have a friend who does machinery and he made me flanges using the headder gasket and the actual TDO5 gasket duplicating me a set. What I need now are some 1.8" pipes. I'll just bend and weld my way into making myself a custom manifold. I have a pipe bender and a welder that I mess around with on my own time. Ya'll want custom turbo manifolds for your accords for around $300 shipped?? Hit me up within a few months and I should be able to get back to you. It's too cold nowadays to be spending time in the garage you know!?

jivinjoe
02-09-2004, 10:43 AM
Hey All -
I also have a 2000 accord w/F23. I plan on getting a turbo kit also this spring. If you could email and let me know what kit you get and if you like it. Right now I plan on getting the Turbo Specilties Extreme kit. I have a shop that will sell if to me for 2150 and install it for 450. I thought that the prices where good. Let me know.
Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!