Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how can i get decent hp for cheap?

NowhereFast
01-20-2004, 11:27 AM
i just got my 944 and i love it. im 18 and its my first car. i just wanted to know how to get a little more hp. i probably wont be doing any mods anytime soon but id like to know more about it. i also dont know a hole lot about the car, i got it for a graduation present. it's an 84 with 80k miles on it. please inform me on some basic need-to-know things if there are any. thanks :biggrin:

freakray
01-20-2004, 12:00 PM
Please excuse the previous post by the clown guy, I removed it and he will not be back I hope.

NowhereFast
01-20-2004, 01:43 PM
oh and i would also like to know some websites to go to for parts and what not. thank you.

83-944
03-24-2004, 03:52 AM
www.vertex.com, www.944online.com, if you want sites. As for a few HP, do a complete tune up. you'll definitely feel the difference. After that, K&N is the only "bolt on" performance increase. Don't get the cone filter. After that it gets expensive. First step is usually replacing the DME/MAF with a later chippable version. You almost need to tear apart the engine to find more HP.

Hope it helps

Some1else
03-27-2004, 07:21 AM
it's an 84 with 80k miles on it. please inform me on some basic need-to-know things if there are any. thanks :biggrin:

As for more HP, go with what 83-944 said.

Do you have any records on the car? If not, I would highly recommend a timing belt, and balance shaft belt change. This is something you can do yourself. But do your research, and buy the haines manual. When it comes to tentioning the belts, your best choice is to take it to a local Porsche dealer. Be warned, they are going to charge you.

Enjoy your car!

Add your comment to this topic!