Remote Start Opinions

jj95cooguy
01-20-2004, 11:53 AM
What do you guys recommend as far as remote starters go on a 99' escalade. I am wanting something with a pretty good range on it but not wanting to spend a whole bunch. Something good, decent priced and reliable.

Thanks

ponchonutty
01-20-2004, 07:47 PM
What do you guys recommend as far as remote starters go on a 99' escalade. I am wanting something with a pretty good range on it but not wanting to spend a whole bunch. Something good, decent priced and reliable.

Thanks
Look for anything from DIrected Electronics. They are the ones that make Viper alarms and others too. DEI is actually part of AC/delco so in a sense, you would be buying OEM. Make sure the shop is a good one and likes to use the new adaptors to make your keyless entry/alarm intregration at it's best. If you can get into the $400 range, you can even get a 2-way remote that tells you if your car started or not! A nice unit for the price is a 562t Valet unit. You would be looking around $300 for that. It comes with 2 OEM style remotes and 1/4 mile range.

Suprafly
03-29-2004, 03:43 PM
Compustar...you wont find anything better

ponchonutty
03-29-2004, 09:15 PM
Compustar...you wont find anything better
Not really. I have not had any of the Compustar units come close to the range they state. I like some of the design but that's about it. Their tech advice is a joke and very hard to get ahold of. I still sell them only by request though.

Add your comment to this topic!