Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tamiya S13 Silvia K vs. Fujimi S13 Silvia K

ShOrtyOC714
01-20-2004, 12:43 AM
Does anyone know which S13 is better? I have been asking a couple people and they have said both are pretty much the same, so i am not really sure. I already know that Tamiya is alot better at doing Chassis and Interior detail then Fujimi.... I am planning on doing a Drift S13 project very soon and wanted to know which is better to build. I know there are alot of S13 builders around here so help me out guys! Thanx :)

Tamiya

http://nwwo.com/shorty/store/TamiyaS13K.gif

Fujimi

http://nwwo.com/shorty/store/FujimiS13K.gif

Layla's Keeper
01-20-2004, 02:26 AM
I haven't had access to a Fujimi S13 to do a full out comparo, but I do have a review of the Tamiya kit posted in the review thread.

If you have a Fujimi S13 kit, you should be able to come to a conclusion after reading it.

tonioseven
01-20-2004, 08:14 AM
both are about the same but the Tamiya has slightly better chassis and interior detail.

Rtuned
01-20-2004, 10:48 AM
Tamiya Silvia K(S13): Is a early version.

Fujimi Silvia K(S13): It included early version and face-lifted II front bumper and Rear Spolier.

Hope that help.
Rtuned :smile:

youngdrifter_x
01-20-2004, 11:53 AM
fujimi has the bumper i want on my 1:1.

hypertek
01-20-2004, 05:48 PM
But that Tamiya has those funky male wheels?

digitalbanzai
01-20-2004, 06:34 PM

Yep

willimo
01-20-2004, 07:02 PM

What's wrong with male wheels? They allow for far better brake detail, and if you do them right it is easier to change them. The only problem I see is making the inferior Fujimi or Aoshima rims fit, and that can be fixed with a drill in a couple minutes.

RyanGiorgio
01-20-2004, 07:29 PM
I havn't seen the Tamiya S13, but I did build the Fujimi S13.

The Fujimi has normal fitment with no problems. It comes with the stock front bumper along with an aftermarket one. The chassis isnt very detailed, but who sees the underneath anyway. The only problem is that the brakes sit really far away from the rim, so they look unrealistic. May call for a brake upgrade to get things looking right. It fits female rims. It also comes with an aftermarket wing and the stock wing. Oh and another thing is that it comes with the normal headlights and projector headlights. I may have forgotten stuff, but thats most of it.

ShOrtyOC714
01-20-2004, 10:44 PM
Thanx for all the replies guys. I am going for the Fujimi since it comes with a nice aftermarket bumper and other goodies as well.

stryfe101
01-21-2004, 08:09 AM
if you go with fujimi try to get the naniwa tomoare version if you can find it... its been sold on ebay before as the team treason kit. It doesn't have the bumper add on but it does come with a separate tree with pre lowered suspension parts, as well as parts and cloth for 5 point harnesses..its a nice kit

http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljpage.cgi?FUJ18571

posted the link since i think hlj doesn't like remote linking of pics..lol

youngdrifter_x
01-21-2004, 11:41 AM
that one really comes with pre lowered parts? because i have seen that on ebay too...

I like your sileighty or is it a silforty? :-p

Add your comment to this topic!