Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Launching E-Gear

Iggy_Type_R
01-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know what is the proper way to launch a Gallardo with the E-gear?

When I was driving it the dealer told me you can't hold down the brake pedal and rev it like you can in a Ferrari....

dcLambo
01-20-2004, 04:29 AM
According to the manual i got with my gallardo its called a "Burn-off" sart!
This is taken from my manual:

The "Burn-off"start function of the egear system is a drastic procedure. It aims to take advantage of all the capabilities of the vehicle when starting with the maximum acceleration possible.

In this way the highest performance, in terms of acceleration is obtained.
The burn off start function of the egear system is only enabled under the following conditions:
The vehicle is stationary
first gear is engaged
the ESP has been switched off by using th appropriate button on the dashboard
the egear is set to the sport mode

If just one of the above conditions is not present, the burn off start procedure is not enabled.
Under these conditions, by flooring the pedal as quickly as possible, the system enters into a special operating mode which increases the engine revolutions automatically, releasing the clutch at the best speed to take advantage of the maximum torque.

Hope this helps!
Havent tried it yet myself as the roads here in the uk are quite wet at the mo.

Cheers

mhh1
01-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Darren

Are you enjoying the new car? Can you give us some impressions? I'm concerned about rapid depreciation - any comments?

Iggy_Type_R
01-21-2004, 02:21 AM
Thanks for the info!!! :) Are you happy with the car? I am putting a deposit down next week when I get back to Auckland. The dealer told me there is no ""launch" mode in the car... hmmm. :)

Happy with Egear?

Thanks again!

TexasF355F1
01-21-2004, 11:46 AM
2 Gallardo owners now on board? That's amazing. Congrats guys and hopefully you can enlighten us with your pros and cons of the car. And just improve the discussions here in the Lambo area.

89Turbo944
01-25-2004, 05:17 AM
:D Finaly some guys i can talk to about the Lambos. :D

I work at Weissach and i have drivne the new Merci and Gallardo. And i personaly like the Gallardo better. It seems so much more streetable. And there is a "launch" mode.

What page on the manual is that on dcLambo ? Im to lazy to look. LOL

Its a great car. I have one for a while to drive. Perks of the job, thinking of maby buying it. :) Now i just have to arange for a bank to be robbed and im set:)

MurcieGallardoTako
01-29-2004, 10:12 PM
I think you shouldn't launch eGear that way or you burn your clutch! Ferrari says the same thing...

TubeScreamerX
01-31-2004, 12:27 PM
I think you shouldn't launch eGear that way or you burn your clutch! Ferrari says the same thing...

I don't think they'd put it in the manual if it was detrimental to the car!

Iggy_Type_R
01-31-2004, 06:26 PM
I've heard that launching and just general traffic driving really burns the clutch in the E-gear and F1 shift in Ferraris from many sources.

But hey, doesn't mean I ain't gonna do it!!!! ;)

MurcieGallardoTako
01-31-2004, 10:27 PM
I know it is not on the manual but I burned my Modena's clutch before 12,000 miles and replaced it, hehe......

Add your comment to this topic!