Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Any Mark IV or V (1972-79) fans out there?

MagicRat
01-18-2004, 01:55 PM
I would like to hear if anyone out there owns one of these cars, and why they like them. I have had a 460 cid Mk V in my collection for about 10 years now. I bought one because the price was right and I have been mildly interested in this example of American disco era excess for some time. However, it has been extremely reliable, a great highway cruiser and well made, so I have kept it.

Anyone else have an opinion?

MagicRat
02-07-2004, 11:58 AM
Well, jeez, as its been 3 weeks since I posted this, and there has been no response, I guess I am the only person under about 60 years old who likes these!

hmmmmmm.........well, I guess I have already prepared my transportation for my retirement.

jase386
04-23-2004, 08:42 AM
i have a 72 mark iv, i like it because its big and its green and its been in our family since my grandmother bought it new. it was also the car i drove to highschoo, man what a boat. I like the look of the 72 over the 73-76 models, because of the front and rear bumpers. I love the interior and the way the dash looks, and my favorite feature on the whole car, is the horn around the rim of the steering wheel. I think cars should still have that.

tank_dean
02-24-2005, 10:23 AM
i have a 76 mark IV that i used to drive but insurance got too pricey on the 460 so i had to park it for the last 2 years. it still starts and runs smoother than my daily driver does lol. i love mine because no other 21 year olds have them but they all think it's a sweet ride and most change their mind about wanting to race when i open the hood and that huge 460 jumps out at them. sadly it's still only 200hp but with any luck i'll get it over 400hp within a year or 2. i'm putting it back on the road this spring but first i'll have to do alot of rust repair from sitting. gotta make it look good then make it fast.

formzy
02-28-2005, 01:40 PM
I would like to hear if anyone out there owns one of these cars, and why they like them. I have had a 460 cid Mk V in my collection for about 10 years now. I bought one because the price was right and I have been mildly interested in this example of American disco era excess for some time. However, it has been extremely reliable, a great highway cruiser and well made, so I have kept it.

Anyone else have an opinion?

Hi,
I'm the proud owner of an '79 Mark V that I've owned for over 9 years now. It was a doctor's car in Alabama and it had only 43,000 when I bought it in September of 1995 for $6000. It's extremely clean, never has seen salt(I live in Michigan) and I drive it approx. 1-2,000 a year. I was 39 when I bought the car and always like that style. It has the long "classical" look(long hood, short deck, low roof-line). The car is dove grey complete with new vinyl top(1994?) and opera windows. It has the 400 engine(only engine offered in '79) and runs great. I'm a mechanic and do most all of the work myself. You have to almost crawl into the engine compartment to work on because on the long hood etc. Just love the ride, look and others always complementing the car.

Caddyman87
12-06-2005, 11:50 PM
A triple white Mark IV is my #1 dream car of all time!
I prefer the 72 model because of the bumpers, but any year is good!
I will get one after college :)

MagicRat
12-08-2005, 07:41 PM
A triple white Mark IV is my #1 dream car of all time!
I prefer the 72 model because of the bumpers, but any year is good!
I will get one after college :)
Thank you for the input.

I agree, the '72's were the nicest of all because they were the only ones made before the huge 5-mph bumbers were made manditory by government regs.

Add your comment to this topic!