Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Crower Stroker Kit

94blklighting
01-18-2004, 09:40 AM
OK here is the deal i was looking up rebuild kits in the forum and some guy said why dont you just get the stroker kit from crower. It has almost everything you need to rebuild a engine just make the displacement larger.
So this is what i am going to do to my 94 Gsr
get the stroker kit and stroke to 2.26 but i am going to get lower comp pistons
After that i am going to get a Greddy Turbo kit or if edelbrok has theres out.
Do you guys think this is a good way to go or bad.
I will not be driving my car for about a year because of order to Japan.
Just plan on dumping alot of money into the car and getting some things from Japan also for my car.
Thanks for your help

whtteg
01-18-2004, 11:13 PM
If you stroke the motor you will lower the r/s ratio. What does this mean? You will be wearing out the motor faster than normal. Also it will be bad for a boosted car b/c the side load on the cylinder walls will be increased and thus will break easier under boost. I say if you are ggoing to boost it stay away from stroker kits. :2cents:

94blklighting
01-19-2004, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the info on that. Never would have known it would wear the engine down like that. I guess i am just going to get the rebuild kit i found and just get lower comp piston.Thanks again for the info.

HTRtech
01-19-2004, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the info on that. Never would have known it would wear the engine down like that. I guess i am just going to get the rebuild kit i found and just get lower comp piston.Thanks again for the info.

If you are going to go as far as to buy a turbo kit... remember the Greddy Intercooler kit is sold seperately. And if you are going to go all the way and get low compression pistons get a kit that has a bigger turbo and that is made to push more than 6-7 pounds of boost. DRAG turbo kits kick a whole lot of ass. Check them out: www.dragturbokits.com (http://www.dragturbokits.com)

Add your comment to this topic!