Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stock or not?

riceroni
01-18-2004, 04:59 AM
I have a black 1990 Integra GS 2 dr and I just got it around November...for now it's my baby, and I'm working on it and enjoying it, but i am planning on upgrading maybe late this year or even next year to an accord or prelude

anyways, there's always suped up cars on the market, but i myself would never buy one that way, i'd rather buy it stock and make it my own.

so, my question is...when buying a car to supe up, do you think people mostly go for cars that are stock, so they can do it their way, or are people willing to buy cars that have been customized by someone else already? and pay good money for them?

and another question, what would you be willing to pay for this car
if it was --
stock with:
149,000 miles
clean, no problems with engine and etc

or suped up with:
intake, exhaust, 17 inch rims, nitto neogen tires, short shifter, and a handful of minor accessories and emblems

KrNxRaCer00
01-18-2004, 06:15 AM
stock.

i've only bought one car that had anything done to it (gsr had a couple of minor mod's before me,) and it was by far the car i had the most problems w/.

i'll never buy a car w/ performance parts already installed, nor would i suggest buying from ppl under the age of 25-30.

jus have a MUCH less chance that car was beat on daily compared to one that has all those things done to it already.

kicker1_solo
01-18-2004, 01:57 PM
I prefer to buy wrecked cars, hooked up or stock, doesn't matter. The last car I bought was a 90 gs with a 98 B18C1 and a lot of other aftermarket parts. It had been stolen and a few parts stripped so I got it really cheap.

It all depends on the person, if they're into projects or if they're the kind that doesn't like to do much work to their car. I personally don't like buying already modded cars, but sometimes there's just those times that you can't pass up.

dampachi
01-26-2004, 11:48 PM
I don't think I'd ever buy a totally modified car...for one it's not yours second you don't know what kind of abuse it was put through...the most I'd buy would be a car with an engine swap...you know for instance...like stumble upon a 95 civic with a B18C5 in it..and the guy don't know what he has and his asking price is $3500...sure I'd buy that in a heart beat.

Add your comment to this topic!