Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

rb26 able to fit v6accord?

zulux3
01-18-2004, 01:02 AM
is the inline-6 rb26deTT able to fit into the v6 accord 98-2002? just wondering if its a possible swap? and if not is there a way to make it fit? by changing engine chasiss or something?

DarkKid**EG6
01-18-2004, 01:07 AM
u gota change all ur engine bay with right mont of $$...

MastaCivic
01-18-2004, 10:56 AM
is the inline-6 rb26deTT able to fit into the v6 accord 98-2002? just wondering if its a possible swap? and if not is there a way to make it fit? by changing engine chasiss or something?

Hey, anything is possible with the right amount of money. And trust me, this swap would require more money than most of us will see for a loooong while.

DarkKid**EG6
01-18-2004, 02:39 PM
if u just wana make rb26 power. then just boorst ur honda, with less $$ , u will have same power. if u just wana everybody know that u have a rb26 underhood... then , just do it ..

darkerdayz
01-18-2004, 04:13 PM
you do know that the rb26dett is a an all wheel drive engine and that the accord is only front wheel, right? that means that to make portion of the swap even feasable, you would have to have someone make a custom drive train so that the transmission would work w/ your accord. secondly, i believe that the engine bay of the accord is much too small for the rb26 to fit, so you would have to do some serious custom welding just to fathom that portion of the swap. also, to my knowledge, your vehicle would also not be emissions legal (if your state city doesnt have emission, then this wouldnt even matter). so i agree w/ darkkidd**eg6, rather than spend the 7 grand plus shipping it would cost for you to get the motor, then the money it would cost in extensive labor, it would be much easier and a hell of alot cheaper to just build your motor (or buy an H22) and boost it to all ends of the earth. just my :2cents:

zulux3
01-19-2004, 04:19 AM
very true, i guess an rb26 is a waste of money with other options. h22 is only good for the v4 versions of the accord i thought. cause the h22 is 4 cyc and the v6 is just 6 cyc which is quite larger.

leolo007
01-21-2004, 01:59 PM
very true, i guess an rb26 is a waste of money with other options. h22 is only good for the v4 versions of the accord i thought. cause the h22 is 4 cyc and the v6 is just 6 cyc which is quite larger.
Are you serious?? v4??? why are you posting??
Yeah the V6 might be a bit larger but the H22 is a perfomance engine and you will get a lot better parts availablity plus you can buy a turbo kit for it. I dont know crap about honda V6's but I dont know of a turbo kit for them. If you want an RB26 sell your accord and buy a 240sx.

pheurton-skeurto
01-21-2004, 02:34 PM
dude, come on...V4? im not even gonna waste my time with a page long post on this one...

jajimo
01-22-2004, 02:51 AM
Just for your info, I will present you with the correction that these guys did not. It is an Inline-4.

And to do an RB26DETT swap you might as well do an engine relocation to your trunk and than make it AWD. Shit, for all the work and money, go to Japan and pick up a Skyline and ship it back. You'll be much more pleased.

SiGNAL748
01-22-2004, 05:15 PM

here we go again :icon16:

anyway..

Possible? Yes...

Affordable? You'd probably spend less if you just go ahead and by a skyline to tell you the truth

Good Idea? :disappoin

Smokn91HB
01-23-2004, 01:22 PM
what is a rb26 come out of anyway??

leolo007
01-23-2004, 02:32 PM
skyline

leolo007
01-23-2004, 02:38 PM
you do know that the rb26dett is a an all wheel drive engine and that the accord is only front wheel, right?
rb26dett is an engine, the tranny is all wheel drive, and the skyline gt is rear wheel drive. And its true, the engine will definitely not fit sideways in the accord and I dont think it will fit in the engine compartment if you would decide to convert the accord to rear wheel drive.

darkerdayz
01-23-2004, 10:06 PM
ok, first let me say this:
If you want an RB26 sell your accord and buy a 240sx.
--i've also looked into this because i did want to have a rb26 240sx. first, again, the price of the engine is rediculous. 7G's!!!!!! it would make more sense to buy an sr20 and build that. second, if you did have the money to get the engine, it would cost alot of money to be able to fit it into the engine compartment (mainly because of its size and its twin turbo). third, if you were going to look into doing this swap, i would personally recomend the rb25det. it has approximately 40 less hp than the rb26 (mainly because of twin turbo, fuel map, etc.), but that motor will fit in alot easier than the rb26. and lastly, when its all said and done, when you do get the motor in, to my knowledge, it wont pass emissions and you might have a hard time finding a mechanic that is knowledgeable on any of the RB motors. but like everyone always says, if you have the money, go for it.

second:
dude, come on...V4? im not even gonna waste my time with a page long post on this one...
--everyone makes their mistakes. before i seriously got into cars, i thought the V stood for how many cylinders were in the car. i was a dumb ass, but i've grown and learned alot about the extreme basics on cars. oh, and just for everyone to know, there was a v4 engine. it came in some of those old school POS small Fords. (please honda Gods and everyone else loyal to the honda religion forgive me for cursing in the presence of you by saying the 'F' word) as you can see, that "brilliant" idea didnt last long.

and lastly:
rb26dett is an engine, the tranny is all wheel drive, and the skyline gt is rear wheel drive.
--of course i know that. i must've been high when i wrote that post. lol
BLAZE IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUNGSTER
01-23-2004, 10:11 PM
dayum af is being over ran with newbs ive been hearing some stupid ass questions lately but hey its better you ask them over the net than look stupid asking someone in person

leolo007
01-24-2004, 03:01 AM
third, if you were going to look into doing this swap, i would personally recomend the rb25det.
Your absolutely right, I was going to say that, I actually have a friend that ordered an rb25 and it should be here in about two weeks. And he is putting it into a 91 (i believe) 240sx. You forgot to mention also they are a lot cheaper than the rb26

darkerdayz
01-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Your absolutely right, I was going to say that, I actually have a friend that ordered an rb25 and it should be here in about two weeks. And he is putting it into a 91 (i believe) 240sx. You forgot to mention also they are a lot cheaper than the rb26

damn, that shit is goin to be pretty fast. cause i know that the 91 model was hella light. tell him good luck and keep me posted so i can know how it went. i still love honda, but i dont mind switching up a little and running nissan...lol.

oh yea, and i think you meant to say that they are a hell of alot cheaper than the rb26. i just dont understand how come that motor can run for that much.

Add your comment to this topic!