Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Courtesy lights stay on.

waymaster
01-17-2004, 02:14 PM
I have a 1992 Bonneville SE, when I close the door the courtesy lights come on and stay on. I have to slam the door a few times to get them to shut off. Sometimes they come on in the middle of the night after the the doors have been shut a couple of hours. Any suggestions?

:banghead:

PontiacRyder
03-01-2004, 10:22 PM
I have the same problem with my 1992 bonneville..When i close the door the light eather stays on or comes on in a few seconds... i pulled the courtesy light fuse for a quick fix cause it kept killing my battery....it would be greate to find out how to fix the problem....

markwb
03-07-2004, 11:40 AM
waymaster wrote: I have to slam the door a few times
It appears that the door switch(that tells the control module that the door is closed) is on the verge of being defective. That's just a guess.

MagicRat
03-07-2004, 04:11 PM
waymaster wrote: I have to slam the door a few times
It appears that the door switch(that tells the control module that the door is closed) is on the verge of being defective. That's just a guess.

I would agree. Your door switch just provides a ground for the light circuit. Likely the plunger is worn or the spring inside is broken, allowing the switch to find a ground when it shouln't. Those switches are cheap and very easy to change.

Add your comment to this topic!