Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

is my mivec working?

JTO
01-16-2004, 10:15 PM
hi all

i have a mitsubishi fto gpx. Im having some trouble with the mivec, and not sure if it is working. In tiptronic mode, gear 1 and gear 2 are extremely weak and take a while to accelerate, until i put it into gear 3 which is much more stronger. The problem with this is that i can never get a good launch.
Is there a problem with my mivec. Ive tried to redline it a few times in 2nd gear but it always seems to cut off around the 5500 rpm mark before the engine starts to make an uncompfortable exhausting noise.

can any one explain.?

cheers JTO

89Turbo944
01-18-2004, 09:41 PM
Almost no one on here owns a FTO. Where are you from?

JTO
01-23-2004, 02:54 AM
im from adel

Spec2 Girl
01-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Indeed not many people on here own FTOs. I used to own one but that was a few years ago.

You could try here:

http://forums.nzmmc.co.nz/

or do a search for other FTO sites. There are quite a few around (particularly in the UK) who may be able to help.

It does sound like there is a bit of a problem as the Mivec should kick in at around 5,000 rpm and you should definitely feel and hear it.

.::F[L]Y::.
05-22-2004, 05:26 AM
heya dude, i own GPX FTO 95 with a tiptronic box...well one thing is for sure that mivec doesnt kick in as hard as vtec...mayb ur car jus needs to be retuned or something...usually mivec kicks in at 5000 rpm doesnt it?? usually when mivec or vtec kicks in u get that screaming noise?? if u hear that it jus means mivec is kicking in...

Add your comment to this topic!