Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 Olds 98 won't start

troy122
01-16-2004, 05:20 PM
I have a 94 olds 98 that will not start.It will crank over just fine but it won't fire. I seem to have plenty of fuel and spark.It started as a stalling problem,the car would stall usually after driving several miles. Every time it stalled I would get a message that read "HOT...AC Dissabled". It would usually start back up,but it would run terrible.I have changed the coils,plugs and wires temp. sensor and PCM. I scanned it just two days ago,and got two codes: 342 cam. sensor (replaced with new one,still wont start) and 670 Qdm failure. I'm not sure what Qdm is,but I think it is something in the PCM.Has anyone else seen the "HOT...AC Dissabled" message? Also the HOT will light up by the temp. guage (digital dash) but the guage reads normal.This happens even when the engine is ice cold.PLEASE HELP!

comp
01-17-2004, 08:47 AM
i take it you have a shop book because your reading code's, what engine have you got??? if you have checked all the sencers and they
are ok ?? has your engine got a lot of mile's on it?, real cold? need more
imput... IT could be a timing belt or chain, tis the season

troy122
01-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Since I have fuel and spark,I am thinking I don't have compression. I need to get a compression tester and check it.The timing chain could have jumped. The engine has about 95,000 mi. on it.I'm still not sure about the Hot...AC Dissabled message,Is there another temp. sensor on the 3800 ( not super charged) I Know there is a sensor that plugs into the radiator,is that a temp sensor or just a coolant level sensor?

Add your comment to this topic!