Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Not sure what to buy 4 my system

Sanchi
12-24-2001, 05:08 PM
:confused: :confused: Oky greetings everyone, im looking to install a system in my integ. not looking to spend lota $$$. but not cheap stuff. I just finnish installing all my speakers and im in the market for an amp and subs.

:help:I installed MB Quats my self all around, and would like to know what would sound good with it, wish i knew more about car audio but sadly i dont. :( anyways just looking for some thing that will sound good inside my ride for the most part, would like ppl to know i have a nice system out side aswell, but not looking to power a party with it though.

I also baught an Aiwa mp3 player for my head unit, its nice but dosnt have alot of power, just looking for any advice on what i should do:thinkerg:, so thankx everone for any help.:D :D :D:

Sanchi
12-27-2001, 12:08 AM
:rolleyes: okay.... maby i didnt put enough info down.

when i go purchase my amp im only gona buy one speaker and im looking for a good 2 chanle amp, so i can bridge it. I think 2 speakers are gona be too heavy so im gona just stick with one.

Just need to know whats a good brand for amps. I have read the other threads on what amps are good i need to know how much power is good expecialy since im gona bridge. :D

SO please any :help: at all would be greatly appreciated. Come'on all you audio freaks help a brother out :sun:

xivera
01-03-2002, 02:31 AM
How much power (rms) can your MB Quarts tolerate?
You have options here...
Which speakers do you want to amplify (frt vs. rear vs. both)?

[devil's advocate]You don't want a sub!?[/devil's advocate] :D

Sanchi
01-04-2002, 10:27 PM
WOW!!!! a responce :jump:

Thaks xivera... humm dont know i wasnt gona amplify my regular speakers, they sound good already, :flash: but thats an ideal. I have to check what the power my MB Quats can handle though not sure.

Would it sound better if i just amped the front and rear. They already sound nice in the car, but my speakers make the door rattle when i turn it up. so buffing it up would just make that worst i supose :rolleyes: . A sub in the back would have less impact on my doors.

Ohh :D :D also i got a good deal on a MTX amp... 650 amps 2 chan (i think) for $$250, plus i get tweeters for free.. any one know if this is a good deal. any one know if a Kenwood 250 amps 2 chan is worth $99 bux:confused: :confused: also. thankx :D :D

itch
01-05-2002, 12:17 AM
get a powered bazooka tube, then you don't have to worry about an external amp

peace
ugly

GScivic7
01-05-2002, 12:33 AM
i have a kenwood 729s amp, and i like it. it doesn't have an array of options however. just a gain control, and low pass filter, but it's good enough for now until i get a newer car and some more money

LjasonL
01-05-2002, 03:01 AM
i had a bazooka, didnt sound good at all in my car, put it in my bedroom and wow that things nice as a home speaker! well heres my single-woofer system, and eclipse 15 and an alpine v12 400 watt amp pushing it, infinity components in the doors with a power acoustik 840 watt amp pushing those. the eclipse 15 is great, sound quality like a 12, but low frequency like a 15, its the best sub ive ever had. msrp $300 or so, but picked mine up on clearance brand new for $135, cant pass that up. and that alpine v12, that 400 watt v12 pushes harder than my 840 watt power acoustik, which is why i swapped them around to the "small" v12 powering the sub and the "big" power acoustik on the full range.

un4gvnbb
02-20-2002, 05:31 PM
well i got plenty of sugestions but i need to know how much your looking to spend.

jl amps are really good but somewhat expensive. personally i love jl subs also. more bang for the buck plus really good ranges of sound. properly powered and adjusted 3 8" subs can be as loud as 2 15's of most brands.

gimme a price range and ill come up with a soulution.

:licker:

un4gvnbb
02-20-2002, 05:39 PM
well i got plenty of sugestions but i need to know how much your looking to spend.

jl amps are really good but somewhat expensive. personally i love jl subs also. more bang for the buck plus really good ranges of sound. properly powered and adjusted 3 8" subs can be as loud as 2 15's of most brands.

gimme a price range and ill come up with a soulution.

:licker:

igo4bmx
02-20-2002, 06:09 PM
could you explain what you exactly have as currently? model number and brand?

igo4bmx
02-20-2002, 06:30 PM
for the time being.
i have a sony 4 channel amp which is flexible and provides a good sq IMO. don't rip on me but i like it b.c it has seperate EQ for the front and rear, variable x over, and it survived my trunk (it sliding around banging into everything)
i got it for 180...

so you got mb quarts infront and rear? Hope you got q series!
arlight for a sub... you should probably get a dual 4 sub(jlw3, audiobahn alum 12x, alpine type r, infinity perfectdvc are a couple nice ones) and run it at 2 ohms and get an amp stable down to 2 ohms to run that. (rf bd500.1, lanzar 1200D, etc etc...) and if the speakers make your car door rattle, get some sound dampening stuff and tighten all screws.. get rid of all that vibrations!!

as far as those amps.. what are they stable to? i think maybe 4 ohms..? maybe you want a SVC infinity perfect running at 4 ohms then (but they are pretty power hungry from what i hear... i've only heard them with 1000 watts on then)

nittanys1
02-20-2002, 07:04 PM
talk to Sparq he can help you out with the amp and sub option. if you wanna know or not I've got my entire system wired and it sounds great!!! once I put a cap to it the speakers in the cabin seemed to just take off heres a pic of my amp and cap:

http://files.automotiveforums.com/uploads/665361XtantandCAP.JPG

O'yeah Ive got a Sony Mini Disk head unit.

Add your comment to this topic!