Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

some suggestions for an intake

big c mil
01-14-2004, 02:16 PM
i have a 96 accord ex 4 door 4 cylinder v-tec sohc, i have an apexi exhaust on it and im lookin for an intake. im not sure what kind to get...any suggestions?

spooleffect
01-14-2004, 05:10 PM
I like the stock box with a high-flow filter. But if you want a "real" intake then I would recomend APEX'i.

jcrx
01-14-2004, 05:44 PM
I like the stock box with a high-flow filter. But if you want a "real" intake then I would recomend APEX'i.
Have you ever seen the Apex system? It isn't a complete system with an intake arm, it is nothing more than a filter and an adapter to put it on your stock arm.

tibby01
01-14-2004, 06:22 PM
if you are the DIY kinda person, you could make one...its not too hard. this is for a tiburon, but it will be similiar for your car.

http://www.teamsr.org/ForumLinkedImages/Random/rs_cai/rs_cai_diy.htm

spooleffect
01-14-2004, 06:25 PM
Have you ever seen the Apex system? It isn't a complete system with an intake arm, it is nothing more than a filter and an adapter to put it on your stock arm.

APEX'i does sell full systems. Even if its just the filter at least its the best filter on the market. Or you could just get a lenght of exhaust tubing and slap the filter on the end of that.

jcrx
01-14-2004, 09:09 PM
APEX'i does sell full systems. Even if its just the filter at least its the best filter on the market. Or you could just get a lenght of exhaust tubing and slap the filter on the end of that.
No, they don't. The "full system" they offer is a filter and a charge pipe, aka an adapter for your stock arm. The only full induction system they market for HONDA is turbo, all the complete intakes are for Nissan, and Mitsubishi on their Japanese website.

http://www.apexi-usa.com/intake.asp

Ghost_R
12-17-2004, 12:49 AM
What about AEM? CAI are cool ,But not in the rain or desert. Short ram then, Weapon-r.com makes a ram air Aluminum box and or ram air adapter if it helps. But it all depends on you, research as much as possible don't be fooled with 20+ hp with just an intake

Add your comment to this topic!