Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Dodge Neon SXT

fraggle
01-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Any models for this out there?

Layla's Keeper
01-14-2004, 01:44 PM
No, the only Neon model available is a promo of the previous generation Neon.

I would not be surprised, however, if next year Revell does a kit of the Neon SRT-4.

Flea
01-14-2004, 02:23 PM
yeah the SRT-4 is about the only one that will likely make it into a kit form ... and i do hope it makes it ... even if it is a rally prepped verson ...

CamaroSSBoy346
01-14-2004, 04:15 PM
mmm..SRT-4...mmm

Jay!
01-14-2004, 06:28 PM
...the SRT-4... even if it is a rally prepped verson ...Are people rally-prepping SRT-4s?

Diesel2NR
01-14-2004, 06:43 PM
Are people rally-prepping SRT-4s?
why would someone want to do that? :screwy: I wouldn't mind seeing an SRT-4 model, but a rally car? no...

gasman03
01-14-2004, 07:18 PM
There is a 1:24 scale Dodge Neon SRT-4 coming out, but its a diecast by Maisto. I have no idea when it coming out. but its going to be nice to get a stock Neon SRT-4 in scale even though its going to be a diecast, it'll be a nice quicky detail project

Flea
01-14-2004, 07:19 PM
why would someone want to do that? :screwy: I wouldn't mind seeing an SRT-4 model, but a rally car? no...

and why not? .. the ACR has proven it's self over and over again in SCCA and other races ...

http://neons.org/pictures/srt/
http://neons.org/movies/srt/
http://www.neons.org/srt/webthumb/kremer/

(edit to fix link)

Layla's Keeper
01-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Actually, the SRT-4 was proving its chops in the 2wd class of the SCCA Pro Rally in a factory effort before it hit production. Dominated the class, too.

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-15-2004, 07:20 AM
One of these days I'll build "my" Neon 2 door coupe from NFSU. A few years back KB Toys/Toy Liquidators had Neons for $7.99 each. I got a coupe that just may get tweaked.

The SRT-4 is cool...hope Revell does it, but I'm not holding my breath...they've got a 2 year backlog as it is.

Not nitpicking and I don't know why Dodge did this, but it's called the SRT-4. The Neon name isn't included.

Flea
01-15-2004, 07:42 AM
neons being sold as retail? ... the ones that brookfield had out were gotten from dealerships or through mail order ... don't think KB had any for sale but i could be wrong ...

they call it the SRT-4 and not the neon SRT-4 .. because it is a different car .. it isn't just an upgrade package for the neon ... it shares the same unibody and doors .. and most interior parts .. but after that things get different.

pcmodeler
01-15-2004, 07:58 AM
I wouldn't count on seeing a model of the SRT-4. Dodge is really difficult to work with when it comes to licensing. Take a look at what you see on the shelves for Dodge models? Almost nothing.

Dodge is also rated way at the bottom of interest by the youth market. What that means, is that (in 1:1 scale), the youth market is more interested in the Cavalier than the Neon. Therefore, what kind of interest would you expect to see from a kit offering?

As a Neon owner, I'd love to see it, but it just aint gonna happen.

ZoomZoomMX-5
01-15-2004, 08:01 AM
neons being sold as retail? ... the ones that brookfield had out were gotten from dealerships or through mail order ... don't think KB had any for sale but i could be wrong ...

they call it the SRT-4 and not the neon SRT-4 .. because it is a different car .. it isn't just an upgrade package for the neon ... it shares the same unibody and doors .. and most interior parts .. but after that things get different.

Toy Liquidators was bought by KB, they're all called KB Toy Works now. They had lots of closeout Brookfield promo (dealer) models...from Neons to Cirrus/Stratus, to Monte Carlos and Auroras, to diecast Jeeps, Suburbans, and Chevy vans. That was about 4 or 5 years ago. I even found a black Neon and maroon Cirrus, both limited edition colors. They all sold for $7.99-$12.99 for the diecast Chevy Express vans.

Add your comment to this topic!