Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I'm a Lambo owner and new here.

bruciebonus
01-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Hi everyone,

My name is Bruce and I live in the UK. I've been looking for a forum for
Lambo owners without much success, and came across this one which looks quite a laugh. I bought my car in 1991. Its a red 1987 Lamborghini
Countach LP5000S Quattrovalvole (48 valve). It has the Original Lambo
side skirts, and it has no wing. I don't like the wing, so its in my garage.
I have two exhaust systems for it. A road legal Remus system, and a race Ansa system which sounds fantastic. The other mods include six flat side Webber carbs and race spec brake pads, and the engine is blue printed, gas flowed and ported. Nearly 500 Bhp with the race system on!
About three or four times a year I take her to the Nurburgring in Germany
for a little exercise. :biggrin:

The reason I was looking for a good forum is because I'm after techy advice. The car has covered 78,000 miles! but is immaculate and very well maintained. But although she has never let me down, its allways interresting to speak to owners to keep ontop of little niggles. I've just had the two heads re built as I managed to bend a few valves when the cam chain snapped. Now, it looks like the syncro on second gear is going as it keeps popping out of gear under hard acceloration.
I do feel sorry for you chaps in the States who have to put up with those wings all over the place, and those bumpers, and rear lights, and those little lights on the side of the car.

My ambition, if I can ever afford it is to restor a LP400,so it can keep my Qv company in the garage! I love the Countach at its most shocking, without all the body kit.I don't even really like the side skirts my car has.

One thing I did notice on this forum, is the number of people who can't recognise a fake when they see it. Not only are they hidious, but they are sacrilege.

bruciebonus
01-14-2004, 07:18 AM
If I could work out how to do it, I'd post some pictures.

Well here goes, I can't get my own pics downloaded onto the forum. But there is a pic of my car on the net. I've put a few pics in the members section. Most are not my car but the same. Mine has no wing, but does have skirts. The only pic of mine is the one crossing the stone bridge.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=135633

-FROG-
02-12-2004, 02:57 PM
I must say I honestly prefur the wing on the Countach, BUT.... yours has deffinately changed my mind for your particular model. Yours looks incredibly smooth without the wing and different of course! Very Nice!

Oh, and by the way..... I own one of the "Fake" Lambo's, simply because I am not blessed with the money it takes to buy me REAL dream car. I'm happy with mine and didn't settle for any crap. Here's my car below. Although the Lamborghini Countach has been my dream car since I was 8, I can only settle for this at 28 with my income and I didn't buy a crappy looking kit car that doesn't replicate my dream car in any way.

My pictures may have a red X.... I think Sony Imagestation is down. :(
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid4/p92d0b67638ca966c82b6db878c013ae0/fe55596c.jpg

P.S. Welcome to the board!

kratefan
02-12-2004, 03:15 PM
If I could work out how to do it, I'd post some pictures.

Well here goes, I can't get my own pics downloaded onto the forum. But there is a pic of my car on the net. I've put a few pics in the members section. Most are not my car but the same. Mine has no wing, but does have skirts. The only pic of mine is the one crossing the stone bridge.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=135633
Looks great! To get the picture into the message, you have to have the tool bar on. Click on the button that looks like mountains. It will bring up a request for a URL. Copy the address from your picture (below the individual picture) into it and BINGO pic in message:smokin:! Here's the picture of your car.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/135633Countach_LP_5000s_Qv-med.jpg

Jeff

-FROG-
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
This is the one I like!

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=503/135633Countach_LP_5000_Qv_.jpg

subgraphic
02-24-2004, 07:37 PM
Nice try dude- I own the mag you scanned the stone bridge shot from. Go play somewhere else.

CRXloon
02-24-2004, 09:46 PM
"Nice try dude- I own the mag you scanned the stone bridge shot from."

Ease up man; it is possible that bruciebonus owns this car, and that a magazine borrowed it for a feature. I too have seen this shot in a magazine, but i can't remember where...

So, c'mon bruciebonus; what's the story? Are you legit or a con? Defend your honour like a true Englishman! Or, with a name like bruciebonus you could be a Jock, in which case, my commiserations :naughty: .

The Countach has always looked better without the rear wing; on the LP400S and the LP500S, (4.75 litre, side-draught carbs), it added stability at high speed; it also reduced top speed, by, i think, around 10 mph.

It is interesting to note that when the LP500S QV first came out, (the model prior to the one in question, i.e. without the side skirts and central locking), the front to rear ride height had been changed so that the attitude of the car was tipped forwards ever so slightly, which made the car more stable at high speed, even without the wing. (Source, Fast Car magazine, sometime in the dim and distant past).

subgraphic
02-24-2004, 11:49 PM
yes- just seems that if you own a mag featured countach, you would have more pics of it... other than just ONE that was scanned from the article.
If it - is - his- I'll recant.

CRXloon
02-25-2004, 12:52 AM
"If it - is - his- I'll recant"

Fair play; we shall see...

lamboman
03-07-2004, 06:24 PM
Here is my car in my drive and this ones not in any magazines (yet)

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/39219dsci0009.jpg :smokin: :naughty:

CRXloon
03-08-2004, 12:44 PM
Here is my car in my drive and this ones not in any magazines (yet)

Fabulous: what colour is that?

More pics please!

Let the bull trample the dancing donkey

:thumbsup:

lamboman
03-13-2004, 05:12 PM
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/39219dsci0013-med.jpg

The color is imperial blue,it was silver,but I changed it to blue,but I think I will go back to silver,blue shows up the dirt to much. :banghead:

lambo1
03-13-2004, 06:50 PM
what are you doing letting the car getting that dirty that you have to change the colour???

pacethis
04-01-2004, 01:19 AM
The guy said that the photos were not all of his, but like his...

CRXloon
04-01-2004, 02:42 AM
The guy said that the photos were not all of his, but like his...

No he didn't. Go back and read the posts again :rolleyes:

The only pic of mine is the one crossing the stone bridge.

...I own the mag you scanned the stone bridge shot from...

As do i.

...So, c'mon bruciebonus; what's the story? Are you legit or a con..?

No reply as yet...

Add your comment to this topic!