Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

blackandgoldweb.com any good???

jdmhotrod
01-14-2004, 02:01 AM
i was thinking about ordering some of there spray paints. are they any good??? i am getting 1 can of laquer primer, 1 can of fine mettalic base, 1 kandy colbalt blue, 1 clear with white flakes, 1 laqure clear. this is for my tamiya s-13, or R-43. thanks.

Robert.

dag65
01-14-2004, 01:38 PM
Same stuff the big boys use,I hear the sprays are pretty good and I know for a fact the stuff for airbrush is top notch

jdmhotrod
01-14-2004, 06:12 PM
thanks,
it is a little pricey though, just to get what i listed up there is $47usd and then a tamiya finishing abrasives kit. is the tamiya finishing abrasives kit any good? thanks.

Robert.

dag65
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
True but you are gettting top notch custom automotive paint in a spray can, can't beat it. YOu get what you pay for.

jdmhotrod
01-14-2004, 07:06 PM
i just hope that i can lay a good paint job with it, it whould suck if i had to strip it and then not have any left. thanks.

Robert.

sugarcaddy
01-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Do you mean http://www.blackgoldweb.com where you can get the House of Kolor paints?

If this is the right place then yeah its a good place to order from. I know the owner Jack and hes a stand up guy. I have even ordered off thier website just so I dont have to drive the 60 mile round trip to the store. Awsome packaging-fast shipping...

Scott

jdmhotrod
01-14-2004, 09:38 PM
yep thats the site,
i just made my order. have you painted with the sprays before??? if i use them right will i get a smoth finish?? i have painted with other laquers before and did everything right and still got a texture.

Robert.

sugarcaddy
01-15-2004, 08:15 AM
Ive not used them personally but I know of several people in my car club that has and they say it works good. However you will need to test it out on some scrap body first just so you can judge how far you out you need to have the can to prevent orange peel. Jack did tell me that its a bit heaver that their normal HOK airbrush paint so beaware it might drip if put on too close.

Scott

Snooker
01-15-2004, 08:34 AM
Do you mean http://www.blackgoldweb.com where you can get the House of Kolor paints?

If this is the right place then yeah its a good place to order from. I know the owner Jack and hes a stand up guy. I have even ordered off thier website just so I dont have to drive the 60 mile round trip to the store. Awsome packaging-fast shipping...

Scott

Can you please persuade him to ship to Germany? I'm interested in his stuff, but he doesn't ship overseas.

sugarcaddy
01-15-2004, 08:37 AM
Can you please persuade him to ship to Germany? I'm interested in his stuff, but he doesn't ship overseas.

sorry no one is alowed to ship paint in rattle cans overseas. Something to do with national securty or something like that.... :eek7::mad::screwy:

Scott

CarModDave
01-15-2004, 11:19 AM
sorry no one is alowed to ship paint in rattle cans overseas. Something to do with national securty or something like that.... :eek7::mad::screwy:

Scott

Actually, it is not a security issue at all - it's a "hazardous material" issue.
Even within the US, you CANNOT send any cans of spray paint by air cargo, it has to be shipped via ground transport. If you were to ship a rattle can via air, it would explode due to the altitude and temps.
Also shipping even jars of paint overseas is a true pain in the ass because of the rules/regulations of foriegn countries regarding the importation of "hazardous materials".

Snooker
01-15-2004, 11:48 AM
OK, I understand that. But can't it be possible to ship the rattle cans from the USA to Europe via surface mail, e. g. ship? It's possible from Japan.

Add your comment to this topic!