Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Steering and performance problems

forum99
01-13-2004, 06:14 PM
1998 Honda Accord - It is very difficult to control my car on the motorway even at 60mph. The steering is stiff, the front wheel at the drivers side feels lowered and there seem to be enormous stiffness and tension on this side resulting in loss of speed and high engine sound. The car is in and out of garages and no one seem to find any fault! Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

blazinmiller
01-13-2004, 07:40 PM
You'll need to elaborate on the drivers side tire feeling "lower" and the "high" engine noise.

Is it stiffer at higher speeds or lower?

forum99
01-14-2004, 02:37 PM
The driver's side is lower than the passenger's side even though the tyre pressure is normal and there is no tyre puncture.

I used to easily do 110mph on the motorway but this has drastically fallen down to 65mph. If I attempt to go beyond this speed, you can hear the engine literally 'screaming'. The pitch of the sound is so high its just unbearable.

It feels like there is something (unfortunately I am not sure what that 'something' is) which is 'holding' the car back and preventing it from moving freely and I believe its got something to do with the stiffness around the drivers side front tyre.

The stiffness is present at all speeds (low and high) but very profound at low speeds.

Please help.
Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!