Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fedex came yesterday!!! (New 3000 Stall)

hot_red_z28
01-13-2004, 12:00 PM
Hey guys, here it is...

http://www.cs.rit.edu/~glr7495/camaro/tc1.jpg

It's rated at 3000rpms. It is race built to handle up to 700hp by Larry's Automotive in Texas. Me and a couple of my buds are gonna try to throw it in this weekend and then re-program the PCM...

I have some new ARP T/C bolts coming, an energy suspension tranny mount, tci racing tranny filter, and a couple other goodies that I'll be puttin in while the tranny is off too... :)

Wish me luck with the install... :thumbsup:

burnM
01-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Sure! good luck!! let us know how she launches after that.

HiFlow5 0
01-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Nice, you will love how the stall converter feels! What size is it, 10"? Just remember to get yourself a nice trans coolers, cause of the added heat the converter makes.

Hypsi87
01-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey guys, here it is...

http://www.cs.rit.edu/~glr7495/camaro/tc1.jpg

It's rated at 3000rpms. It is race built to handle up to 700hp by Larry's Automotive in Texas. Me and a couple of my buds are gonna try to throw it in this weekend and then re-program the PCM...

I have some new ARP T/C bolts coming, an energy suspension tranny mount, tci racing tranny filter, and a couple other goodies that I'll be puttin in while the tranny is off too... :)

Wish me luck with the install... :thumbsup:

Cool I just recieved a nine inch Art Carr 3300 stall with lockup. Is yours a lock up.

hot_red_z28
01-13-2004, 04:51 PM
HiFlow5.0: I have had a Hayden 1405 Tranny Cooler on the car for a while. It should do the trick. It's rated at like 26,000lbs GVW... :)

Hypsi87: Yes, mine is a lock up verter too... Should be fun...

HiFlow5 0
01-13-2004, 05:07 PM
Fun, yes. More fun to drive, definitely. Might want to look into some stickier tires, cause if you thought traction was an issue before, you haven't seen anything yet.

hot_red_z28
01-13-2004, 06:15 PM
Tell me about it...

I only have 2.73's right now too. I'm getting 4.10s put in as soon as the snow melts. Probably the first week or two of March.

I'll probably end up getting some nitto 555r's or some et streets if it gets to bad...

Vlad_Tepes
01-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Bro thats going to be nuts... yeah you really going to have to have some new meats on...
4.10's man you just going to touch the trottle and flash and instant burn out but man thats going to be fun as

hot_red_z28
01-13-2004, 06:38 PM
I know, there is going to be a lot of smoke shows till i get some better rubber, but I'll have a hell of a good time wearing out the current tires... :)

Not to mention, the more I spin, the less stuff I'll break. Once I put on the slicks, shit will start to bust for sure... :lol:

Vlad_Tepes
01-13-2004, 06:48 PM
Oh yeah things will surely break.

I had 69 dodge Charger RT 440 BB that bad boy was made for the track had 456 rear end. I had cheater slicks on it and did nothing for the car I just roasted them off the line...
But it was fun as hell until I bro the tranny...I had a 45oo stall on it ahhh the ol days

ridge_runner
01-13-2004, 06:52 PM
I know, there is going to be a lot of smoke shows till i get some better rubber, but I'll have a hell of a good time wearing out the current tires... :)

Not to mention, the more I spin, the less stuff I'll break. Once I put on the slicks, shit will start to bust for sure... :lol:
ha thats exactly right,i have problems now with hard compound street tires, and stock gears, i also have a 3000 stall that im puttin in my th-350 thats im buliding up, it matches perfect with my 501 520 cam, im also bulding up a 383 stroker this winter

BadAzz240
01-13-2004, 07:17 PM
Dude...your gonna run 4.10's with Nitrous??? I wouldnt recomend it but thats just me. All you need is some 3.42's otherwise you will never get traction... also, are you still on the stock rear-end? If so you may just want to look into gettin a whole rear-end with everything u want in it. I am gettin a strange 12 bolt for mine.
http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/lt1catalog.html
its all the way at the bottom. Well any way thats just my 2 cents. Have Fun. And Good Luck!

hot_red_z28
01-13-2004, 08:58 PM
:) 4.10's and nitrous is where it's at!!!

The nitrous doesn't get used much, just here and there, and yes I will still be running it with the 4.10's. I've built my car to haul balls n/a, the nitrous is just a fun factor.

About the rear, yes it's a stock 7.5" 10 bolt. When the gears get installed, I'm putting on a TA performance girdle and TA performance stud kit. Hopefully that will strengthen it up enough to last for a while...

Keep in mind, my car is a street car, not a track car, so it's not like I'll be doing 3000rpm launches on slicks every weekend. I'll be on street tires for the most part and maybe on a set of DR's every now and then when my buds wanna go have some fun... :)

Add your comment to this topic!