Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Jimmy keyless

laddie2424
01-13-2004, 09:08 AM
Does anyone know the procedure for programming the keyless entry on a 2000 GMC Jimmy?

rm54
01-14-2004, 12:45 AM
This worked for my 99 Jimmy.
Get into the drivers seat and close door
Hold down the unlock button on the door panel
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position
Turn the ignition switch ON again
Turn ignition switch OFF
Release the power doorlock switch on the door panel
The doors will lock and unlock indicating that they are in the programming mode
Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the remote until the locks cycle (lock and unlock)
Do the same for all the remotes you have. You have to do all the remotes at the same time.
When you are done turn ignition switch on then off. Get out of vehicle shut door and try each remote.
Hope this helps

scorneil
01-14-2004, 11:39 AM
i just dropped my 2000 Jimmy SLS off at a dealership this morning (some one told me it had to be connected to the computer to do it).

However, the dealership is telling me it can't be done at all! (doesn't have the receiver?) Can anyone tell me if they're crazy or not? (i have a feeling they're wrong...)

rm54
01-14-2004, 11:56 AM
When I inquired at a GMC dealer, they told me it would cost around $40 to $50 dollars for a new remote (mine was broke) and one half hour of labor to program it. I was given a couple of new remotes by a relative who works at a dealer and got the programming instuctions right here on the forum. As far as I know you don't need a computer unless 2000 models are different than 1999

peabodybutz
06-27-2004, 02:23 PM
i have a 2001 gmc jimmy and it only came with one keyless remote and i got another one and wondered if anyone could help me program it or tell me how to.

peabodybutz
06-27-2004, 02:27 PM
i am looking for a good accessory resourse for my 2001 gmc jimmy,if you know of any please provide me with the name of a resourse.

ForestKJA
03-06-2005, 06:58 AM
Confirmed, this works t program remote, I just did my new ones today!

Thx.

"This worked for my 99 Jimmy.
Get into the drivers seat and close door
Hold down the unlock button on the door panel
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position
Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position
Turn the ignition switch ON again
Turn ignition switch OFF
Release the power doorlock switch on the door panel
The doors will lock and unlock indicating that they are in the programming mode
Hold down the lock and unlock buttons on the remote until the locks cycle (lock and unlock)
Do the same for all the remotes you have. You have to do all the remotes at the same time.
When you are done turn ignition switch on then off. Get out of vehicle shut door and try each remote.
Hope this helps"

Add your comment to this topic!