BEST WIN: no flaming...

Pages : [1] 2

KrNxRaCer00
01-12-2004, 11:49 PM
wut is the one car that sticks out in ur mind as ur best win.

plz tell the story if u can remember it, if not...jus post up the car u beat. to help keep flaming away, tell us the situation/mods etc...during the race.

don't post reactions (any flames will be deleted instantly,) props are ok, but plz try to keep it to jus wut u beat an w/ wut.

My best so far was against an ITR when i had my 94 gsr.

gsr had: i/h/e/clutch/vtec controller (ran 14.838 at the track)
ITR had: SRI

beat him 3/3 times, each by about a car length. he wasn't the greatest of drivers, and i'd like to think that i can handle the car well.

well, the thread is open to u guys...keep it clean...hope to see some good stories.

EDIT: if carnuttt is going to list one for each car...well then here goes...

88 lude (i/h/e): beat another 88 lude that had i/h/e/cams and thought he was the hottest ish EVAR! well...long story short, dood couldn't driver, completely embarassed him in front of his "racing friens" and that was a night.

94 Accord: uhm...none really...that thing was slow as a dog...

00 ITR: either the 2001 S2K or the ls/vtec integra. story here (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=161157)

sideshowrich
01-13-2004, 12:04 AM
I had an 88 Civic STD hatch, i/h/e, almost totally gutted, except for the spare and my registration, and I beat this girl in her Tempo. She kept saying her car was faster than mine, so I said "Let's make it interesting." The deal was if she won, I owe her the $200 I had on me, I won, I get a three way with her and her cute friend (she was that confident). Needless to say, I won, but she chickened out. She did let me watch her and her friend make out a little :biggrin:

Wasn't exactly a race for the record books, but it definitely sticks out in my mind.

carrrnuttt
01-13-2004, 12:04 AM
My best kill with my old 4-dr LX Civic was an I/E '99-'00 Civic Si on the freeway!

With the SE-R, a few stock Mustang 5.0 GTs, and couple of SN95 'Stangs stand-out...but all of them have been equally satisfying, as none of them expect it with the Sentra.

Best kill of them all, however, was when I beat a new (then) '95 or so M3 with my old (modded) Beretta GTZ.

SilverY2KCivic
01-13-2004, 02:46 AM
My '00 EJ6 DX coupe vs. Mercedes SLK (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=153701)

KrNxRaCer00
01-13-2004, 05:06 AM
I had an 88 Civic STD hatch, i/h/e, almost totally gutted, except for the spare and my registration, and I beat this girl in her Tempo. She kept saying her car was faster than mine, so I said "Let's make it interesting." The deal was if she won, I owe her the $200 I had on me, I won, I get a three way with her and her cute friend (she was that confident). Needless to say, I won, but she chickened out. She did let me watch her and her friend make out a little :biggrin:

Wasn't exactly a race for the record books, but it definitely sticks out in my mind.

that'd stand out in my mind too... :bigthumb:

sideshowrich
01-13-2004, 08:34 AM
Damn shame too, she was fudgin' hot, her friend was really cute too..... :crying:

Miataracer
01-15-2004, 12:54 AM
Hmm... I don't race much and I have never had a real power house car but I have taken a few wins. Once back a couple years I was in my dad's '98 GMC Sierra (all stock 250 hp 350 at the time) and took down a probably 99-00 or so Civic that sounded like it probably had I/H/E. We were rolling along down a 4 lane road, two in each direction and he came up on me like he was real hot stuff in what sounded like second gear and tried to go flying by. I caught him coming up fast in my mirror and decided I didn't want to let him off easy so I punched it. I was able to match his speed and begin to pull on him before we came up to a light. The end. Not too interesting.

Just this last summer when I was in my '95 Miata I got run on by a 98+ V6 Camaro with the factory body kit and for sale signs in the windows. I am not sure what they were doing really, I imagine it was a test drive or something along those lines because they were nearly begging me to race, riding next to me then punching it and slowing back down several times before I took the bait. I know for a fact that the Miata was not fast. the only mod it had was a Mazda Comp cat back exhaust. The best I could do in this situation was matching the guys pace when he took off just a slight bit before me. I doubt that helped him sell the car... lol.

And my most recent wussy race this fall while coming back to school was in my current car the '94 Civic. I was running along a 2 lane one way road and a 96-97 proy Chevy Monte Carlo came flying past me dodging through traffic. Well, I met right back up with said Monte when the light ahead of us was red. I look over and the guy is sitting there looking like a retard with his 'trucker' hat which it was obvious he was wearing as a so called fashion statement. It nearly made me sick. (did I mention I am not a big fan of weird trendiness?) Either way, the light went green and we both roared away... he had me for just a bit I imagine because of the higher torque numbers of the Monte over my puny little d16z with I/H/E. I was able to catch him before he got much more than a nose on me though and by the time I was in third he was dropping back to my rear fender. Then we came to the next light and he turned right while I went straight.

Those are pretty much my only current stories. I know they are nothing special at all, hopefully I can surprise a few more interesting cars when I get my b18c dropped in. :icon16:

Doubletap
01-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Well in my short racing career here on the mean streets of Colorado Springs the one real good race that I have been in went something like this:
Going down Academy Blvd which is a three lane "main drag" in town I catch up two a pair a nearly identical Silver Civic EX coupes (5th or 6th gen not sure which it was). The light ahead turns red and I am in between both of them at the light on a slight uphill grade. I have a 96 ls with an AEM V2. Anyway All three of us looked at each other and gave the 'nod' and on gree we were off. THe coupe on my right imediatly fell of the pace and as we came ariound a left hand turn the other civic and i were neck and neck. I was burnin it up to the limiter in every gear and as I jammed it into third I finally started to pull on this guy and at about 85 I shut off with him about 1 car back. I was and awesmoe race and I wanted to ask the guy what he was running (coming up on him I noticed no exhaust was visible in the back and I was curious) but i had just gotten my new tint a day before and couldn't roll down my windows yet. Not an awesome win but it was so close and cops are everywhere and it was a huge rush.

DoubleTap

HondaIntegraXSI
01-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Probably not my best, but the one that sticks out in my mind was similar to sideshowriches but when I raced and lost I had to run down downtown Gatlinburg, TN butt neked, But If I won I got to watch her run down naked. She was a hotie!! But to make a long story short we raced('86 CRX w/ D16Y8 swap and slippin clutch, against her 6cyl Mustang) and I ended up running down the sidewalk naked, she had a good laugh, and thought I was cute. Guess thats why she's my wife now. lol (the first time I met my wife too,lol)

Ricochet
01-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Close one, but a 5.0 Mustang on the freeway.

pheurton-skeurto
01-18-2004, 04:20 PM
best win in my 95 civic 4-door was beating my dad who was driving my moms honda element...raced to about 100 and then shut it down...i had a couple carlengths.

in the lude, well, nothing great...definately destroyed a fair share of riced out civics and tegs but as far as quality wins, im low in the BCS polls...

PunkAlex
01-18-2004, 07:59 PM
My best kill (of the very few-im still only 15 until march) was gettin gas in my pops 98 lude....outlaunched and outshifted a mustang gt from a few lights...Wait until i get my rex...lots of rice to beat up on round here!

SiGNAL748
01-18-2004, 09:04 PM
96-98? ITR Stock (had to be one of those years, since it was white)

beat it buy almost a car length.

I know this may not seem all that special to you guys, but this one sticks out in my mind the most because it was a 50/50 situation (driver's race)

Ispankyourmom
01-19-2004, 02:10 PM

you should have told her to fork over $200 if she wasn't gonna let you boink her and her friend.

YOUNGSTER
01-20-2004, 03:02 AM
spanking some 93 5.0 by like 3 and a half cars
its pretty modded he bought it from one of my freinds. i was in my new eg it has a jdm b16 type r intake manifold tb, cams and header. and a apexi n1 exhaust straight pipe chiped ecu skunk 2 cam gears and act stage 2 clutch. i also beat a new gt by a lil more than half a car i was very happy. the 5.0 was talking sh1t thats why i enjoyed spanking him so much :naughty:

soccmid
01-25-2004, 11:32 PM
my freinds mazda 6 I vs my 92 lude Si. got a good launch and beat him by a hlaf car but if we had gone much fartehr he wulda caught me. those things have some nice high end

copasetic808
01-28-2004, 02:36 PM

haha...thats awesome!!thats the best race story ever dude...seriously
my cousin had a ford festiva and he was trying to punk me..saying civics suck and i beat him by 3 car lengths with 5 people in my car

94preludeSI
01-31-2004, 01:07 PM
The best win i have been in was when i was riding shot gun in my friends truck. Here are the cars- A 1991 ford ranger xlt with a 4 litre v6 automatic vs. my friends dads 1992 honda accord ex 4 door automatic. So my friend in his dads accord told me that he wanted to meet me and my friend with the ranger for a quick drag over by my house. So we meet there and its a dead street where no cops are there. We line up. Before we launch i tell my friend (im in the ranger) that he is going to whoop the shit out of the accord. He says for me not to get my hopes up and that we're probably going to get raped. So we go at three honks. 1,2,3 and we take off. And i must say from the start the ranger killed the accord. I mean it was devastating. We beat it by like 5 cars 3 times. It was an amazing day for old ford rangers. I must say that 4 litre packed one hell of a punch!

ArideII
02-05-2004, 09:51 AM
I'm going to go with the 96 Mustang GT I beat. I accidently cut the guy off to get to my turn, I waved to appologize and he honks and flips me off, I'm like WTF. We both take the turn and he guns it to the outside lane trying to pass me. I punch it and pull about 2 cars on him to 90mph. I slowed down to see his reaction. As he passed me he rolled his window down screaming that I was a POS. Knowing that I already kicked his ass I just let it go (don't hate the player, hate the game).

Anyway he apparently wants some more cuz he decided to cut me off and slam on his brakes. Now I'm upset, he goes to take off again I drop it down two gears, I'm gaining and about to pass him when he tries to cut me off as I'm switching lanes, I swerve back to my original lane, pass him and give him the finger. ( I was stoked cuz I pulled a Days of Thunder move on his ass!) LOL... Waiting for YouCantBanMe to make a comment :loser:

MexSiR
02-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Probably the ones that im most proud of is beating an audi a4 turbo 1.8 in the race track cause he was talking shit about his 40 thousand dollar german miracle and i beat him by 4 cars in the quarter mile.

pikkagtr
02-16-2004, 03:51 AM
when i first got my bb6 lude and was crusin with my cousin who ahd came over from DC
were gona get some late nite food when at the light a 92ish 5.0 pulled up
he was white with his grl next to hime
i didn't wanna race cause i never took my car to the limit yet so perfect chance rite?
lights turn green and he gets the spin while i pull 1 car ahead
pulled hard thru top of 3rd @ bout 105 and beat him by like 2 cars he was hella piss and his car was loud as hell too
me stock 99 Prelude base
mods: new tires on stck rims AVS es100s
and a cool ice air freshener +50 hp

91HBSi
02-18-2004, 12:06 PM
I guess it would be me vs. 98ish GMC Sonoma SS or maybe it was an S10 SS, can't remember

It was at the beach and it was from a 30mph roll, to 70mph
I had about 1 car on him. He was solo and I had my cousin, who weighed like 230-250lbs.

-Me- (at the time)
-91 civic Si-
-Exhaust-
-tokico blues/H&R springs-
-empty tank-
-16" katana c7s- heavier than stock

SS
-borla exhaust-
-100 shot N20- (he didn't spray)
-shift kit-

I don't really know if it was a good race or not, I don't think those things are that fast, but they aren't incredibly slow either.

Actually that wasn't the best race I've won, it was just the first one that I thought of.

88dxhatchslammed
02-20-2004, 09:44 AM
the best race for me would have to be racing my previous camaro against a brand new camaro. we are driving down the street and this dude in a new camaro with altezzas and vinal decals is speeding up and hammering his brakes right next to me. so when we get to the next traffic light i look at him, he looks at me and when the light turns green we both hammer the gas. it is close until i shift into second and then i pull on him hard until we hit 70 and the light on the next block turns red. when we are sitting there i notice how pissed he is and that his girl is laughing at him. i was in my 89 camaro rs with a 305 manual tranny and nothing done to it exept an exhaust. from what i hear that kid is running an auto and has tried to build his motor and still lost to a stock older supposedly slower camaro. anyway that is the race that stands out in my mind the best.

Neon1996
02-27-2004, 07:13 PM
my little neon whooped on this mx-6. my car is all stock and the mx-6 has a CAI, racing seats. But anyway it was me and my brother in the car and he was in nuetral(loser)when my friend dropped his hands and the other kid we were racing was all revved up so we got smoked off the line second gear came and we began haulin and when third kicked in we were at about 55 killn him by at least 3 car legnths. the kid swore he could win but no.

mrlucci4051
03-08-2004, 06:17 PM
my best race was when i was at the track in my auto accord with just "custom" straight pipes and cold air intake. i came up against a celica gt with headers intake catback exhaust, gauges up the ass in his car. like wide body body kit, huge ass wing, thinking he was the shit. so in the staging lanes he said "nice wheels kid, it come in a package" i didn't say anything just let him talk went up had an amazing r/t of .010 and beat him by a car lengths he got laughed outta the stands. i may not be fast lol but it was fun as hell to see his embarrased face

91 Celica St
03-11-2004, 01:40 PM
haha this may be hard to believe but i was at a stop light in my 91 celica st with racing tranny, alum flywheel intake and few other things. and light was red some guy pulled up in his v-tec preleude thinkin he wa tight with his base rattln and stuff... he spit some revs at me so i threw some back.... we both took off... i htink he took off a little late cuz he shulda got a better start then me.... got down the road and i was witin for him to smoke me... i looked back as i got to the next stop light and the front of his car was right next to my passenger door, when we got to the light he looked as surprised as i was :)

slave
03-13-2004, 06:43 PM
My best win was on a mountain road, looooong road with lots of nice bends. I killed a guy driving an Audi TT quatro turbo.

joecheez
03-13-2004, 11:09 PM
Before my low compression build on my H22A I had 174.8 to the wheels, after the build even though 3 bores and all the head work I now have 156 to the wheels, so in theory two cars.

4 weeks after the 2/10/2001 engine swap into my accord I came up against 5 somewhat the same and different 160 Si civics, new models at the time. They all thought they were the sh!tnuts let me tell you. Raced 2 then supposedly the next two fastest and the black one last. The black one with the most mods had i/h/e/ controller, lsd gsr tranny, clutch, msd, and cam gears.
Needless to say I never even saw the black civics lights at my door after getting started.

Just the other night I was driving, by the way I now have about 6300 miles on the 9.2-1 compression motor so far and have tested it some, and believe me I cannot wait for the damn turbo, it is nice for about 5 seconds in each gear compared to the stock motor compression wise it is quite dull, kinda like the se-r or the 240 SX motors.
So, I came up against two young wippersnappers in a lexus SC400 with i/h/e, who get this, started laughing at me. Ok, I am 39 and still love the lines of my 95 accord coupe and guessed I looked funny to them, and right now it has nice torque and launches well so I felt they had no clue and had a good chance. But I say unless you really sure you can beat somebody you DO NOT laugh at them.

Munched this lexus 4 times in a row and missed a stern 2nd gear shift twice so he just kept thinking he could pull it out, sorry dude.

GScivic7
03-13-2004, 11:46 PM
well, i'm 6-0 with my new Sentra, but only 2 of them were good races.

First one was against my buddy's G2 Teg with a B16 and I/E. I took him by a car length.
Other one was against a S13 240sx with the factory KA and I/H/E. Took him by a car length too.

My car is bone stock BTW. Those two races put some confidence into my car and so far I haven't lost yet.

bensaccord
03-15-2004, 12:08 AM
The one I am most proud of came right after racing the guy who brought me into the scene and helped me build my first car. Lost to him because his friend was standing at my window talking to me when they flagged the start. Only lost by half a car so we decided to run again. Second race NP. Beat him by a over a car length. Cars had almost identical mods, but he had an older 96 accord with the non vtec. Felt good to win my first race on only my second attempt.

95vteclude
03-22-2004, 07:38 PM
My favorite race where i won was against my friend in his 00' v6 accord. I had my 95 vtec prelude and he was so sure he would win he bet if i won he'd get me an exhaust, if i lost i had to get him a cai. Needless to say i got the exhaust and spanked him 2/2. Once from a standstill, and once from highway speeds to top end. Its not a 3-way girl on girl action story but at least my friend kept up his end of the bargain.

My favorite loss in the prelude was to a POS 92 nissan sentra (or so i thought). the car looked like it was ready to fall apart. i'm talking rust and primer spots, the gigantic muffler was hanging on by a coat hanger, and there was 4 or 5 people inside. let me just say i'm glad the guy didnt bet me cuz i would have taken it and lost. he had a j-spec se-r engine in it w/ cams and who knows what else. i didnt talk with him long enough to get into details but he took me by a carlength. gotta love sleepers!

shyfty50
03-23-2004, 09:57 PM
This guy I know from school thought he was hot stuff in his '89 V8 camero (auto?) and I happened to pull up next him at a light in my '91 integra ls. He starts makin all sorts noise like he's badass, well the light changes and and we take off. I pretty much had him by 3/4 car length till the 2 lane changed to one and he had to break hardcore. I assume he'd have killed me had we gone much further. But the glory was mine.
I have an Intake and a short shifter w/ stabilizer

sihondasracer
03-24-2004, 11:03 AM
the race that sticks out in my mind was my 91 si with CAI,and short shifter Vs. this new SER Spec-V.he had these " NOS" stickers every where and a exhaust on it.so were at a red light and it turnd green and i took off first,and pulled thru first and second,everytime he shifted he would catch up but he couldnt shift worth crap and it took him a long time and since i had a short shifter i slammd it into the gears fast.we got up to about 75 then i slammd on the brakes because of traffic in my lane and he did the typical ricer fly-by and that was it. and yes i know he would have beatn me if it had been farther,but it wasnt so im happy lol.

~ls/vtec~
03-30-2004, 07:02 PM
i raced a 2002 eclipse on a 4 door gsr. i had 4 poeple in the car the other guy was by himself. we were going about 40, so from 40 to about 85 i took him by 3-4 car lenghts. i couldnt believe it so i slowed donw and did it again:) then we rolled all the windows down (because i have the darkest tint in the back so u couldnt see my friends) adn the guy got extremely embarrased because we were 4 deep and smoked him like he was nothing
keep the stories coming theyre all good

Hellraiserrob
05-11-2004, 05:34 PM
Best kill ever: I was at the local cruise/Drag and I was in my 95 Lewd, talking with one of my friends who drives a Gt Mustang. and a younger kid pulls up in a brand new mustang with a very nice sounding exhuast and svt wheels. He ask my buddy if he wants to race and he says no, so i cut in and tell him i will race him. We drove for like 20 minutes to an awesome road. We lined up and on the first race murdered him but he missed second HARD!! and the second time everytime i hit vtec i pulled very hard we raced to about 110 and i was 2-3 car lenghts ahead of him... The reason why this is my best kill is the kid asked me to pop my hood so i did and when he saw my stock engine his buddy said, "and you wanna race us??" that just pissed me off so it was one hella of a grudge race to me...

stratpunkr
05-11-2004, 10:20 PM
with my 97 ludei think my best kill was prolly a 94 mustang gt with intake, headers, exhaust, ignition, and pulleys...didnt beat it by much though, but i did smoke a little civic with a b16 3 times in one night!

TheAznPersuazun
06-24-2004, 08:40 AM
the week after i beat a notorious "Neon" in my area and beat him by at least 1/2 car, one of guys in a local team asked me to run just for shits n giggles, figuring he'd spank me cuz he has a 04 accord vtec (not sure what he has for mods but it is 160hp stock, 30 more than mine) and i have a 97 LX NON-vtec. well we looped around and sat the lights and i beat him 2x with someone honking. He said he couldn't hear the honks so he had one of his boy run out and flag us down. I ended beating him 3 more times in front of all his boys. He was so heated that he punched off his rear view and looped around and ran the street 3 times by himself. The WORST part is they still rag on him cuz i beat him wearing 4" heels!!

i dunno if this counts but i went to the track for the 1st time yesterday :bananasmi and i went up against a new Audi 1.8T w/ an ECU upgrade and was running 18lbs. of boost.(i dont remember what else he said he had) My tires skipped about 5x when i launched but then I pulled on him in 2nd. i ended up with a 16.0 Not bad for my 2nd run ever.
When we looped back around he asked if i waited for him just to laugh and how much boost i was running and i told him nothing. He was pissed but wished me luck with the rest of the day.

jameskersten
06-26-2004, 04:38 PM
on track: 5.0liter mustang, beat him down the 1/4 by about 3 1/2car lengths, his excuse. clutch was slipping
road: dodge stealth the other night on the highway. beat him once, slowed down let him pass me, the beat him again.

92'SiHatchBack
07-03-2004, 10:29 PM
I wasent driving but my bro and me were in town and this guy in a ford explorer yes i said ford explorer starts revvin and were in a 94' Del Sol and it was wet out and the light changed and we smoked the tires and we still had him by about 3 or 4 car lenghts but it wasent really fair to him much.

acc90rd
07-04-2004, 12:59 AM
My best race is against a 91 rx7. Im in my 90' 4 dr accord automatic. We start at a red light, we both chirp tires from the start. we are dead even then he shifts and he drops back to my rear door. Catches up, shifts, drops back a little. I put sport mode in(i forgot about it) and hit 105 beating him by a half a carlength.

Good race overall, the rx7 was bone stock and i have intake and exhaust.

drewbert
07-08-2004, 10:23 PM
best race i was w/my good friends who had just bought a 98 supra tt we were turning off of two lane road onto a four lane road (two lanes in each direction) while a good friend of ours was directly behind us in his 99 mit. eclipse gsx when we turned the corner we swung wide into the far lane and let him come up beside us when he was equal w/us we both stabbed on the gas and were off it was a very close race but before anyone pulled away we had to turn off.....but later that night we were able to race again this time on a deserted road and from a dead stop at the go signal both cars jumped immediately off the line the eclipse barking second which suprised everyone who was out there it was a pretty close race but the eclipse srayed and took the lead but only by half a car length maybe....................................

gsx eclipse-
intake,exhaust,downpipe,clutch,upgraded turbo,boost controller,turbo timer, 55 shot of nitrous etc .......basically most of the upgrades that you can think of but still not all

supra-

completly stock

also another good one i was w/another frined once again and we were in his 2002 eclipse (around the 2000 area) and we just came off of a bridge and noticed that a truck (some kind of chevrolet was riding us so he came flying aruond us thinking he was the shiz so we approched a near by red light and we look over and he is right next to us we both notice each other at the same time so he starts reving his motor at us so when the light turned green we took off beating him by shifting from 1st to 3rd by several car lengths.......not the greatest kill story but funny that we beat him by skipping gears

91HBSi
07-14-2004, 08:37 AM
A kill that I can think of was when 2 of my friends and me were coming home from the mall on night. There was a car behind me riding my tail like crazy, so naturally I slowed down :) There was a car in the lane beside me and one in front of that one, so he couldn't get around. Then I hear an engine winding and I look in my driver side mirror and he is in the turning lane trying to pass me (idiot). When he gets about to my driver side quarter panel I throw it down into 2nd, by this time he was even with me, and I started pulling on him and he had to drop back behind me.

The truck was an a '93 4.3ltr S15 singlecab with some kind of dual exhaust and 15 drag lite rims.

What's funnier is when my brother, his girlfriend and me were headed TO the mall about a month later and we encountered the same guy. We were in my brothers 93 Prelude Si 5spd. He kept getting beside us and revving and my brother just ignores him, he isn't one to race. Then we caught a red light and his girlfriend and I were like "beat him so he'll feel stupid" We finally convinced him and the light turned green and by 40 we had several car lengths on him. Oh... he had a NASCAR sticker on his rear window, so he must be out to rid the world of imports or something.

thetoymaker
07-21-2004, 03:32 PM
2 weeks ago me and my friend were out for a cruise around the metroplex. The traffic was very very light and we came up on a corvette C-4 with large pipes, and we passed him up on the right, cuz he was hoggin the left lane.
He proceeded to downshift, and so did I, we kept going faster and then he slowed down when we came to a blind spot on the road, we merged onto 12N by texas stadium and we both dropped the hammer, wow under those bridges my car sounded so awsome (at 7-8K)!! I stayed right beside him, till white smoke came poofing out his right-hand exhaust pipe and he got out of the left lane and turned off the next exit flipping us off as we sped by at 100+.

My friend was laughing so hard cuz my lil civic can sit up in traffic, beating a vette. That one was fun to tell to a guy at my job who just sold his C4 and bought a new Z06 right after I told him the story.

My car is 97civicHB, CRVTEC B20Z2/B18C1 with Gsr Tranny w/LSD, I/H/E, braced cylinder sleeve, knife-edged and balanced crank, aluminum pulleys, lightened steel flywheel (8lbs), Kevlar timing belt, KYB sus., ARP studs, other stuff.

otter7467
09-22-2004, 09:31 PM
Best kill was in my 350Z bone stock at the time against a Porsche boxter S (mods ?, probably stock). I was with my girlfriend who hated me racing. So when this guy drives up beside me I ignored him until he swerved at me. He had his gf with him and she was laughing along with him at us. Needless to say my girlfriend told me to "smoke this prick" so I drop down gears and start to take him on the outside lane. By the time we get on to the freeway I had 3 car lengths on him so I slowed down and this prick flips me the bird to we go again and he finally quit when we were going in and out of lanes at 120+.

That was the only time she ever ok'd me to race with her and she started to understand my love of racing a little better.

FR33WAY
09-27-2004, 10:09 PM
One of my fav. kills didn't even happen in my own car. I was test driving a '98 I30 with my dad and ended up at light with a '01 Mustang GT. Both cars were autos so fair game. The I30 pulled on it from the start and by 80 it was 2/3rds car length ahead. My dad was so pissed. We bought the car later that week.

Fully_Sick
10-03-2004, 09:28 AM
Best ever win...

My cousin just got his license and the lucky bugger got a 1993 Nissan Skyline Gts-t!

At the time I was driving a shit box 1993 Toyota Camry Csi[2.2l]

Needless to say we raced from a redlight and I owned his ass, because he nearly stalled. Sure he later caught up to me, but the fact is I got a good 2-3 cars on him with a mean launch, on my then engine that had done 270k!!

Scoped_GST
10-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Lets see....there are a few that are on pretty much the same level:
1. Friends Yellow ITR - Intake
2. RSX type-S I/E
3. 2003 Mustang GT
I have a 98 eclipse gs-t with a 14B turbo running at 16psi....
funnest time getting owned: 911 GT2....that put me down a peg

86MonteSS
10-18-2004, 07:38 PM
my 86 SS Vs. viper gsx at the track i had some slicks on so track was not a problem he spun that why i won im sure but hey a $4000 dollar car beat and 80k one....that sounds good to me

Steiner
10-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Great thread!

Hmmm. There are some losses I'd rather not remember...Trans Am WS6, Audi S4, and a supercharged '66 Chevelle with a 396ci that still causes me to awake in the middle of the night in cold sweats. For Christ sakes! The front left tire came off the ground when he launched that fucker. Not fair. I had no chance! :(

I've had a few gratifying wins though...a lightly modded Evo 8 from a dig, an STi with exhaust from a roll, a '97 M3 with cams, my cocky British coworkers's RX-8, a few 350Z's and a G35 coupe driven by two angry flaming queers. I'd have to say though that my favorite win is probably against my brother's '68 Buick Skylark GS 400. It's got a 400ci stroker (displacing 423ci), some crazy custom built 3 speed auto tranny, high rise intake, headers, 4.12 posi gears, custom 12" Buick rally rims in back, this monster 950 CFM Carter carb hand built during the Nixon administration, driveshaft safety loop, etc, etc. I know there's more but my brother would have to tell me the specifics. The only major thing that hasn't been improved upon is the stock camshaft. He bought the car from our cousin's brother-in-law who lives out near Edwards AF Base in the Mojave Desert. The guy spent about 3 years restoring the car, building the motor and tranny, and tuning it...then he got married and his wife wanted a convertible '65 Mustang. Uggghhh. Poor bastard. His only request is that he be allowed to keep it in the family. The wife said fair enough. My brother was close enough to family so he got the sale. They still email each other frequently to discuss the car. It reportedly ran a low 12 on slicks (in the high desert at about 3k feet of elevation!) before my brother bought it. Pretty impressive for a 4k+ lb car...especially at that altitude. Since then my little brother added an electronic distributor and headers. With a good tune we've been told by a few gray haired Buick gurus that it should be a high 11 second car at seal level with some good slicks and an experienced driver. It's one helluva car to say the least.

He brought his Buick up to my mom's house from San Diego in June. Except for some interior parts, the car is totally restored and freshly painted a beautifull midnight blue with a clear coat finish. It's also got a really nice stereo system. He was worried about people trying to steal it. There had been 2 attempts in less than a month span and the security staff in his apartment complex is really shady...shady to the point my brother felt they may have been in on it. The car now sits in a garage in San Mateo surrounded by 2 extra trannys, 3 carburetors, an intake manifold, another set of rally rims, and all sorts of other spare parts. Anyways, my brother came up last weekend in his daily driver...an '02 Stratus RT...and was curious to see how fast my car is now that I installed the Mopar stage 2 turbo upgrade. Just to be a little smart ass he decides that for the 1st run he's going to race me with his Stratus and make me earn his respect. OK. Fair enough. Little fucker. It was a massacre. I put multiple buslengths on him before I got out of 2nd gear. Now I got his attention. We stop at Carls Jr to get a bite to eat before going back to the house for the Buick. My brother tells me he didn't think my car was that fast. He used to have an old 1st generation DSM Eclipse and said he was expecting it to be in that range. He also reminds me that his Buick hasn't been turned over since June so, odds are, he'll need to jump it. Sure enough he was right. We hook the jumper cables up between my car and his and he fires it up. Hot damn! I forgot how loud that thing is with the headers. Very imtimidating. It has no mufflers and no cats...just two 18" resonators behind the cross-over pipe. It screams "fuck you smog checking tree hugger" if you listen carefully. :D

I'm having second thoughts now, but it's past the point of no return. After the car warms up a bit we both head off to our secret little race spot in nearby Foster City. The road we run on is totally deserted except for contruction trucks during the M-F business week. On weekends it's all ours. His car hasn't been tuned for months and mine was given some serious TLC 3 days earlier when I installed the stage 2, checked for boost leaks, tightened up all the clamps around the intercooler, throttle body, and turbo...plus I cleaned out the air filter...so basically I'll have no excuses if I lose. The "well I get 30mpg excuse" wouldn't get me more than a laugh. So we line up next to each other and wait for the light to turn green. I get a quicker jump but start spinning and getting wheel hop pretty bad so I shift to second at about 4,000 RPM's rather than the recommended 5,000 RPM's. He spins all 28" of rear tire meat pretty bad and ends a little crokked up at my quarter panel by about 60mph when I quick shift into 3rd. He's starting to steadily pull on me but our designed finish line is quickly approaching. I quick shift from 3rd to 4th...boom! backfire...but still lose ground. He's already in 3rd and that's all the gears he has. I lose his car in my side mirror but instantly catch it out of the corner of my left eye. That thing is fucking loud in my ear and pulling hard. I cross the finish line at about 110mph-112mph winning by a cunt hair...maybe 3-5 feet at most. Another 50 yards and I woulda been the loser. We pull over and my brother congratulates me and reminds me of that fact right away. Had he not fuxor'd the launch he would have got me too. Just the same...it was awesome. BIG BROTHERS > LITTLE BROTHERS. :D

He said his car was pinging like all hell so he didn't want to run it again. We took it back and spent the afternoon tuning it with a friend of ours. After we were done all three of us jumped in the Buick, with my brother at the wheel, and took it for a spin. It was a different car. No way in hell would I be able to hang now so I wisely declined the offer for another race. I'm now officially retired from racing my brother with an undefeated record. It's eating him alive. Muwahahahahaha!

Turby007
10-25-2004, 04:56 PM
well i guess i can post this in here.. i had a 92 ford probe lx 5 spd and he had an eagle talon i think it was a turbo but i am not sure.. anyways.. we were at a light and you know. he started so i figured that i would show him up.. just getting the car and all.. anyways... the light turned green and i pulled off the line.. he dropped back i swear it was at least 3 car lenghts.. anyways after i pulled off the peddle he came to me and was like "dude what you got in that thing" all i could tell him what that i had a 3.0 ltr v6 because at that time i didn't know anything and it was still stock.. but sad to say that car is gone.. it just gave up and died on me.. i miss it tho..

ridestreet84
12-03-2004, 11:12 AM
my best win would have to be against a 4th gen lude dont know if it was vtec or not or auto or not we come to a light he starts revving on me and i though oh well i go for it figuring that my civic would get handed but to my amazment it didnt ,then i realized why it came out on time damn lude was driven by some ricer oh well still got the kill

99 civic ex
i/h/e
engine bored

CivicRacerB16
12-07-2004, 05:38 PM
My best on so far has been a 5.0 very close race until I hit fourth, don't know if he let off or what but I pulled on him

Blazedout06
12-23-2004, 12:01 PM
alrighty then....

i guess i'm like the only won that beat niggas with civic dx..stock motor..aem cai..apexi exhaust

My most gratifying win..had to have been a 95, 96 thunderbird..v8...
i might have the year wrong..not the humongous ones..the smaller ones...
anyways we r at a light..he has his pretty girl next to him..starts revving ..so i say why not...
killed him..strr8...2 lights in a row....:-D

2nd most gratifying...1992 prelude 2.2 si...
he had a passenger..i didn't
the best part about the race was that i was about 2 feet ahead of him the whole time..and i am looking at him like NOT THIS TIME SUCKERRRR :-D
while i was whoopin his ass..

3rd most gratifying kick ass was a 1991 accord..sounded like pretty modded..anyways killed him light to light..later found out that we were both basically stock..but hey a kill is a kill :-D

as far as stangs go..i basically believe they are good for nothing but burnouts...they are just too heavy...i have killed a couple but they would swear that they aint give it their all...

so thats what they all say!

Vip09
12-27-2004, 03:41 PM
I would say my best win would be against a '95 Mustang Cobra (the 240HP one). The guy pulled up next to me at a light and out of nowhere just started shouting trash about how slow my car is and that it's a girls car. So when the light turned green we both went. He got a better launch of course, being RWD. After the launch I was slowly creeping up on him. By the time I was about half-way through 3rd gear (around 75mph) we were side by side and I was pulling away. At 120mph I had about 1 car on him and we both shut down. I kept looking over at the next light trying to give him a thumbs up but he wouldn't look at me. Oh well.. I guess the almost 900 lbs his car had over mine didn't help him.

dampachi
01-14-2005, 11:15 PM
I guess this doesn't have to be in a honda? My favorite win, not exactly best, was against this guy in a blue SRT-4. I pulled up next to him at a light. Didn't say anything to him or anything. But, a girl in his car started giving me thumbs down. I thought it meant they didn't want to race. No problem, theres plenty more races out there. Light turns green he launches with everything he's got while I cruise off. Interesting, I thought. So, the next light ahead of us was red also..so we pulled up to it. She rolled he window down and started yelling to me how my car was a piece of shit and it was slow..but it was pretty. So I said "Thank you, I think my car looks pretty good too." She continued on how my car sucked, blah blah blah. So I rolled up my window and watched the light as I could see her in the corner of my eye yelling things/giving me thumbs down. Light turns green, we both launch, I got the jump from the light..he's pulling..I shift 2nd..pull away..he pulls some...I shift 3rd..pull away..he pulls some..I shift fourth, I'm going about 80, 90mph..so I brake at a point in which I am an easy half car infront of the SRT-4. Next light, we didn't get the front of it..but we were even. Still, she continued yelling more stupid things about how I got lucky. I took of slowly and let the car infront of me get some distance and at about 15mph in 1st, I floored it, let off at 30ish..shifted 2nd and held the RPMs to let him know I was wanting to try him from a roll. So, he pulls up. Revs it, take off..gets about a half a car on me before I react. I slowly pull away and win with his bumper just at my GT logo. Third time. I slow down some and continue to cruise knowing I have just defeated him twice. but, apparently he's not done. he revs it up. I downshift into 3rd, rev it up and let the clutch out and jump. This time, I won by about half a car. As you can see...it is unwise to let a passenger do alot of shit talking your shitty driving skills can't back up. :)

2CivicGarage
01-15-2005, 12:21 AM
New to this, so I hope you don't mind me sharing.
Best memory? My first Honda, a 91 Prelude Si. Before these things had available parts too! Waaaaaay back in 98 I smoked an early 80's Chevy truck from a light.
It breaks down like this: My car was outfitted with a custom intake, made from an integra intake, a K&N, and some scrap aluminum. I had Splitfires and bigger wires, 91 octane, hollow cat plus 2.25" all the way back and a little tuning to line it all up. The stereo was limited to two speakers and a head unit, back seats and belts, spare tire, trunk carpet, fender liners, and anything not nailed was scraped. All this was rolling on 14" and 13 lbs. or so of some generic looking polished five stars.
My opponent? A 2-door benchseat equipped Chevy pos. It's only mod to the 350 crate motor was a Holley 4-Barrel (that's a carburetor btw). This was a full-size truck, but I guess it was still relatively light, considering. Anyway, he pulled up, revved on me untill I bit, I neutral dropped early in the hopes of getting a little much needed traction and zoom, away we went. About 25 feet later I was catching up and by roughly 60mph or so I was showing off my taillights. AS I passed I heard a horrible sound that I can only assume was his engine crying at 6500 rpms because it had no top end.
My current prides: an 02 Ex with Racing Hart 16" Tuners, progress tech.springs and Brembo slotted and drilled and a 92 Cx hatch with a sleeved b18a (84mm slugs), b16 head, .42 Ar T3, Aem fuel cam and pulleys, 16" Rota slips, Brembo slotted, Tsunami lip, Aerogear hood, Type R seats, etc, etc.....

infiniteracing2003
01-20-2005, 06:34 PM
i had (wish i still had it) my 88' Rx-7 N/A, short ram intake, high flow cat. thats it..... out of all the stories/kills i can tell about with this car this was the funnest one....
im cruisin around streets of Riverside. ((CALI, in case nobody knows)) and these chicks in a brand new Eclipse (V6, exhaust, sounded like a lil intake too maybe) pull up n start lookin at me and shit so i u know how it goes you keep lookin at each other n sht bla bla bla. n e way light turns green the chick jumps quickly into race mode. i put through 1st and 2nd until i hit the next light and we are lined up again....so i smile and say lets do it. she and her ditsy friends are all giggling now. green lights up our windsheilds and her tires start spinnin' i go for a launch, works perfectly, im gone, she had no chance whats so ever. so im all giddy now and she finally meets me at the next light again. her friends are screamin something at me that sounded like hyenas mixed with the words "You cheated, You have NOS!". i laugh and start revving to taunt her. once again we race i burn out all the way through 1st and continue through the middle of 2nd until i finally grab the road right before 3rd, 3rd gave me a slight chirp and im gaining on them very quickly, she sees me coming and downshifts (i saw her car dip hardcore in case anyone was wondering, lol), i had no worries about her new ugly style peice of crap. so very drawn out story short i KILLED a 00-04 v6 eclipse with ease. btw..... i now am happily back to a Honda..... 96 Accord EX-R V6 that has an intake and a venom performance module deal. i got some stories with that beast too.

Mid-West Ryderz
03-02-2005, 12:04 AM
The Best race in the summer of 2004
killed a 13flat 1992 eclipse gsx
EG hatchback with a CRVtec
EG hatchback with a CRV Boost
DA teg with a 1999 GS-R motor with NOS
another boosted eg civic dont know what kind of motor but it was a sleeper when we was at the gas station he was pumping 93 and he was waiting for me to leave so i guess he can race me but got beat when we raced at the lights.
DC2 GS-R with 75 shot of nos
i have a EF Hatchback with a CRVtec ALL MOTOR

crv-tec
03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Best kill actually just happened saturday. My friend 4 (98 prelude SH) and I were just driving around in our cars and I rolled upon I think was an 98 coupe. Well in the bottom corner of the passanger door it had DOHC VTEC stickers. As I roll next to him, he drops second and kinda speeds off. Being the fun loving kid I am, I droped second and just start pulling on him. When he had dropped second I was at his rear passanger door, then when I dropped I found myself just looking at his tail lights. He had an open lane in front of him in front of me a distance I had a suv in my way. So when I pull up to his passanger door I hear him shift to third. Only problem was I was only at about 6,000 RPM. So I wind it out a little more and shift to third and noticing the SUV is coming up reallllllllll quick. By the time I got to third he was already reading my tail lights, so I quickly jumped over and quietly drove of. He didn't say anything to me, but later kept on avoiding letting me get over in front of him :)

94DXSiR
03-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Well, its the only kill I have ever had, but it wasnt in my civic in which has been in the shop since I got it, Ive had it for near a month and i have only driven it to get it and drop it off at the shop, basically its a start from literally near scratch, but everything is about done and I should acctually get my car back in a couple of days.

But anyways, as I was about to say. Me and my wife we heading to Atlantic City and it was about 3 AM in the morning and a pair of headlights started comming up on us, my wife was asleep at the time. Im not thinking much of it because I am still a bit tired, I had already been driving for over an hour. But those headlights moved over and I caught a sight of a riced out Integra, I dont know the years on them, but it was the previous gen. I was only going about 55, I was in no hurry, but I was only in 3rd at the time and low third at that. But the Teg had a body kit, wing, exhaust, cant say for the engine though because I never got to see it, and what looked like 17's on low pros. I could hear his sterio system though because my ittle radio was shut off so my wife could sleep, I hear him downshift because his exhaust got louder. So I just say fuck it, He got a little off me because I wasnt quite ready for it, so he had a car on me right off, but then I downshifted right into second and started to catch up to him, by the time I was at third I had already caught up with him, and near into 4th I pulled past him like there was no tomorow hitting about 120 and keeping it there till I couldnt see him anymore in my mirrors. I didnt give him the chance to do a fly by on me, either he pulled off or just didnt try, I didnt see him again for the rest of the drive that night, but that just stands out the most because it was my first kill, I am not the racer type, I just like to drive.

At that time I was driving my 90 RX7 TT swap with an exhaust and a Apex'i SAFC. as it says in my sig...I miss my FC...

Add your comment to this topic!