S10 Turn Signal/Flasher unit location

Kmaxhhi
01-12-2004, 07:26 PM
OK all you geniuses....I'm trying to locate the turnsignal flasher unit on a 96 S10.

Some posts suggest it's on the steering column...Can someone please validate this???

Thanks in advance,

Kmaxhhi.

Fox_Rocks
01-12-2004, 08:38 PM
well i am no genius by any stretch, but i do know where the flasher unit is located, look where your fuses go, you will see a round thing about the size of a loonie or 1.5", this is what your looking for.

Dan24
01-13-2004, 07:47 AM
I feel your pain, I too have a 96 S-10 and cannot find the flasher. The fuses are on the driver side of the dash by the door, not there. Have looked everywhere above the pedals along the steering colum, not there. In the glove box there is a box indentified as relays, not there. I swear GM has hidden this thing so you can pay to have a $3.00 fuse changed out for a $40.00 service charge. Any other ideas???????????

Kmaxhhi
01-13-2004, 08:24 AM
well i am no genius by any stretch, but i do know where the flasher unit is located, look where your fuses go, you will see a round thing about the size of a loonie or 1.5", this is what your looking for.

Might be there on on a 91 S10, but it isn't there on a 96. However, thanks very much for your reply. At least someone's reading my post.
Regards,

Kmaxhhi///

Kmaxhhi
01-17-2004, 06:26 PM
I feel your pain, I too have a 96 S-10 and cannot find the flasher. The fuses are on the driver side of the dash by the door, not there. Have looked everywhere above the pedals along the steering colum, not there. In the glove box there is a box indentified as relays, not there. I swear GM has hidden this thing so you can pay to have a $3.00 fuse changed out for a $40.00 service charge. Any other ideas???????????

Dan,

I found it. It's directly below the radio package. Gotta take down the driver's side pedal covers and the the panel above that (takes a #30 Torx tip). I also loosened the passenger side heater box cover as it will hold the middle panel from coming down enough to access the flasher units. After you drop the middle panel down a little, you'll see the two silver canisters relays. In my truck, the turn signal relay was the canister located on the right hand side. It'll pull straight out (with a little wiggling) and the replacement goes in similarly.

Best of luck. - KEN///

Add your comment to this topic!