Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

I'm comfused

MsPebbles
01-12-2004, 03:15 PM
I have a 91 buick Park ave non- superchared. I go start my car cold it start right up will run as long as you don't cut it off once warmed it is hard to start again. I have replaced the coil pack, the EMC, the computer chip. what else is there that keep my car from starting. need more info, holla back let me know. Thanx.:eek: Ps, I keep getting the same old code 41 all the time what does it mean please:banghead:

pcv
01-12-2004, 03:38 PM
Code 41 tells me that you have a bad cam sensor and/or bad wiring to the cam sensor. Sometimes the magnet behind the cam sensor becomes inaffective and can also cause your problem. The cam sensor is easy to replace on those vehicles.
Good Luck.

MsPebbles
01-13-2004, 04:14 PM
That only answered one of my questions what about the other and the cam sensor is new just replaced it. Will the emc keep the car from starting.

pcv
01-13-2004, 08:30 PM
So you replaced the cam sensor. And the ECM is new. Going by that code 41, the only other thing left to do is replace the crank sensor. There is a way of checking the crank sensor but it is a fairly long procedure.
Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!