Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hood pins

hypertek
01-12-2004, 12:11 AM
where can I get hood pins?

geedup
01-12-2004, 12:24 AM
i got some hood pins in my ae86 trueno kit, but i dont know whether you can buy them separately

Diesel2NR
01-12-2004, 12:30 AM
Detail Master makes a very nice looking set of hood pins. I used them on my last project and they look a lot better than the ones that come molded in.

David_
01-12-2004, 05:54 AM
what exactly are hood pins? i have a trueno (kit), and i don't know what they are...

hypertek
01-12-2004, 12:47 PM
muscle cars use them more then imports, but imports need em if they running aftermarket hoods. Its basically saftey pins holding the hood down as a precaution becuase the hood is lighter thus the hood can pop up while driving, I had that happen to me before with my carbonfiber hood and its real scary when it happens.

willimo
01-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Detail Master has great hoodpins, of the type most used by muscle cars but are also used quite often on imports. They are multi part and very detailed, great miniatures. Sakatsu makes some really great slide type pins that are used on JGTC cars and becoming more common on imports. These are cast, high releif parts that look incredible. Rennaisance also makes the same type of pins, but they are photoetched and lower releif. I have a set but haven't used them, they don't look like they will be as good as the Sakatsu pins but they are far cheaper. Go to the places in the FAQ, do a google search, go to scaleracecars.com or racingresin.com and you will find hoodpins. Really, just look around a little bit and you'll find them.

hypertek
01-12-2004, 04:11 PM
thanks!

hypertek
01-12-2004, 04:15 PM
http://racingresin.com/products/sakatsu/sak_3230_image.htm just what I was looking for..

Add your comment to this topic!