Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 or 90 v8?

nytlife666
01-11-2004, 08:16 PM
I found a 94 camaro for sale it needs a new clutch and they only want 1800. Well i also found a 90 camaro with a V8 305hp for 1350.00 its only got 90k and good body and tires. What ones a better deal???

89IROC&RS
01-11-2004, 08:36 PM
well, being a third gen guy, i would say the third gen. but i dont recall what V8 made 305hp. im guessing it was modified or something. i like the overall driving of the third gens over the fourth gen camaros. and like the old style smallblocks over the LT1's, but thats personal preference. nothing solid. they both are rediculous deals, and you should drive both, and look them over for treatment, maintanaince and stuff like that. the one that was treated to regular scheduled care, and has all recals and campaings done is the better choice, because it will give you the fewest headaches. especially look at the third gen if its modified, and make sure it wasnt a shade tree mechanic deal. thats what my IROC is turning out to be, and its a damn good thing im a chevy tech or i wouldnt be trying to fix it. and they didnt even do anything major. just all the little ghetto rigged things that i have to go behind and fix. which is worse in my opinion. just make sure you cross all your t's and dot all your i's, and go with the one in better overall shape. thats my advice.

1992RS
01-11-2004, 09:45 PM
Well I can't say nothing now, Iroc said it all. Listen to his advise, it's as good as my own..LOL Seriousely though. take his advise.

nytlife666
01-11-2004, 10:02 PM
ok thanx guys ill take ur advise Iroc..i like the looks for the 4th but the 3rd i would say sounds likes its in better shape..thanx though

Genopsyde
01-12-2004, 01:59 AM
i'd pick the 4th, only cuz i already got a 3rd, but yea, get which ever is in best condition

BigJustinZ28
01-12-2004, 09:59 AM
I think he means 305ci v8 instead oif 305hp. Is that 4th gen a v8 also ??? I have both so Im torn between 3rd and 4rth altho I will says 4th gens are a PITA to work on cause of all the sensors , if one thing is off its not gonna reach full potential . of course the 90 is Fuel injected too while mine is carbed. hmmm uhhh just take the one in better shape , they will both make you happy.

edit: hell buy both , both together cost less than I paid for my 84.

hot_red_z28
01-12-2004, 12:52 PM
To be quite honest, for those prices, both sound a bit like fixer-uppers to me.

From a performance perspective, the LT1 will blow that 305tbi out of the water, so you might want to consider that too. If you do want a third gen, I'd say at least find one with a tpi 305 or better yet a tpi 350...

If looks are your thing, then it's a personal preference.

just my :2cents:...

Add your comment to this topic!