Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Corrado Question??

vwdreamer
01-11-2004, 06:19 PM
Hello! Well i have a 90 G60 and im having a huge problem. Everytime i engage the clutch to switch a gear or two slow down i hear a LOUD thumping sound. Well i did alot of research and basically i found out that it could be the frt motor mount. So i replaced it. NOPE, it didn't work and now its keeps doing it. Any suggestions. Other mounts? Tranny housing? (i heard that if its broke it could cause this, how can i tell if it is it?) I also have a crappy suspension up frt on my rado, could that be it?

My car currently has no charger on it, and its just the 8v, so im also looking for a charger, brackets, and boost tubes with intercooler. So let me know if you can help with either.

SAVE THE RADO'S.

THANKS ALOT,
Andru

DarkTint
01-20-2004, 02:53 PM
I sold my Corrado about 8 years ago (and I still miss it), but I had a problem with a thumping sound as well. It turned out to be a broken half-shaft near the right front wheel. Mine didn't just thump when I engaged the clutch though, it did it all the time. You might want to check it out. FYI - I don't know about yours, but mine continued to drive ok. It scared the crap out of me when it first began, so I immediatly just limped it to the mechanic and he replaced the half-shaft (for a pretty good chunk of change of course) and it was fine.

tylerrules84
01-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Try seeing if it will make the sound under hard acceleration (though that might be hard to accomplish without the supercharger, haha) or under hard braking. If it does, you might want to look into replacing the front struts. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

Oh and also... check out www.8vturbo.com
who needs a supercharger? heh heh

Add your comment to this topic!