Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air dam

2001convcamaro
01-11-2004, 05:33 PM
I was looking at the xenon camaro air dam for my 2001 camaro and was wondering if anyone has put one on their car or knows how they fit on to the bumper. It looks like it fits over the bumper some way or you have to cut the exsisting bumper. I am planning to buy on from LMPerformance.com but do not know if that is what I need. Thank you for your time!

Ernest

1992RS
01-11-2004, 08:04 PM
Wow, that looks sweet. Don't know how to do it, but it looks pretty damn good.

Genopsyde
01-12-2004, 02:14 AM
ask a body shop

99W68Firebird
01-12-2004, 11:30 PM
umm well i had a Wings West Front air dam on my car, i had hit fire hydrant last winter and damaged front bumper and ripped off stock front passenger ground effect. so when took it in this summer to get fixed i knew the guy that owned the body shop so asked him instead of his ordering the stock ground effect for just the one side could i get this wings west one so he said as long as i could get it to him thats fine. so i did and he put it on for me.. all i think they have to do it prep and clean the bumper shop would know how to install from reading instructions.. heres link to my site

http://www.geocities.com/timmackman1985/MyCars.html

but that was just answering how they will install them and my story on how i got mine.. but i did not say i had success with my ground effect.. i think they are junk and a waste of money.. yes of course it looks beautiful but after 3 weeks of having mine on the crappy 2-way tape they supplied started falling off and before i could get it to a shop i was driving down the express way goin 70 mph and this possum runs in front of me out of no where and goin that fast was not bout to swerve so was like all i can do it hit him so i hit him BOOM he rips off my ground effect, i run it over and now its history

http://www.geocities.com/timmackman1985/IsThisBad.JPG

theres pic after i picked it up off the side of the road just to find out its not repairable.. and shop said to buy new one and he would install it for $300 so i said no way im spedning $600 out of my own pocket for a piece of crap thats just gonna fall off again, so theres my story on the aftermarket ground effects and i dont suggest anyone buying one, especially after they really dont warrenty them and when i called wings west they basically said it was the shops fault saying they didnt prep the bumper and clean it... when it was brand new bumper im like ok buddy but tape they supplied was fallin off after 2 weeks.. big BS lots a waste of money

Add your comment to this topic!