Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

radio error

mk3jk
01-11-2004, 08:07 AM
i have just bought a 99 teg i took off the battery termianals to clean them now my radio doesnt work i think it is a anti theft thing but now my radio doesnt work? i tried pushing everything plz help

boosted k20
01-11-2004, 02:25 PM
yea dude it's the anit-theft device in the radio. when u disconnect the battery ur radio thinks it's being stolen so it will go into "safe mode" and will give a readout of "ERROR" on the radio and it will then ask u for the 5 digit code. U probably dont have this 5 digit code but see if u can find it. look in ur glove box or in the owners manual if u have it. it might be in there. I just baught my car and my code was written down on the radio itself. i removed the radio and the 5 digit code was written on it. U might not be as lucky as me. Ur gonna have to go to ur local Acura dealer and ask them for ur stereos 5 digit anti-theft code. to avoid being charged for labor (because ur gonna need to remove the radio in order to get the serial number. if u dont do this urself acura will charge u for labor), take out the radio urself and write down the serial number, and the other numbers which r on the radio.
to remove the radio, take out the money tray (next to the cigarette lighter). U'll see two black screws behind where the money tray was. take those two out. (u dont have to take out the shiny screw in the middle) Now pull this section out. u might have to use some force but not alot. after this section of the center console is removed u can pull out the radio. u dont have to unplug any wires, just manuver the radio around so u can see the serial numbers. i think theres 3 sets of numbers on the radio. write them all donw and take it to ur acura dealer. u might have to bring proof of ownership of the vehicle with ya.
well good luck!

mk3jk
01-11-2004, 02:41 PM
MAN i really appreciate that thanks.. i going to go look now

Tegryder11
01-12-2004, 12:28 AM
I had the same problem when i looked at integras with stock stereos none of them worked which i wasnt sure if the stereo was just shit but then i found out the same thing that guy just said its the anti-theft device in it... but yeah very common problem

platinumck86
04-23-2004, 08:32 PM
... damn acura and their codes, I can't find mine right now and I'm going to have to call them tomorrow.

whtteg
04-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Look on the under side of the under hood fuse block cover. It should be there on a sticker.

Add your comment to this topic!