Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Revell F-1 Kits?

BullittStang
01-10-2004, 11:12 PM
Hey folks,

I found this link over at F1M...and was wondering if somebody could translate it. There's talk that Revell DE might release a couple of new F-1 kits.

New Revell F-1 Kits? (http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php3?id=176)

I just picked up the Revell 1/24th 2003 Sauber C22, and I have to say...Revell is finally listening and are doing a LOT better job with their F-1 kits. This is definitely an improvement over their previous kits with correct wheels and tires and proportions (unlike their Toyota TF102). It's still not on the same level as Tamiya (not by a long shot), but definitely not the waste of plastic of say their Jordan EJ10 or Ferrari F1-2002. They may become the primary source for F-1 kits in plastic unless Tamiya can come through.

Edit: I've just noticed the cover on their 2004 catalog on their site has a pic of the Renault R23...bonus..one of my fave cars of 2003.

Decs0105
01-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Revell DE will make the F2003-GA and the Renault R23 both on 1:24! Price is 16,99?! and the Releasedate is 6/2004!!

bigfrit
01-11-2004, 06:20 AM
Indeed !
That's fantastic news!

I picked up theiur sauber kit too, and was very much impressed.
I tried to look for faults, but could simply not find any, everything is crisp and clean (well, maybe the hole between tranny and engine, and the height to high by one mm at the rear,
and it's an easy kit to make steer.

Bring on the renault!

Olivire

Rcaerosport
01-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Which online store can I buy the Sauber from at $16 bucks? Slightly OT, but anyone know where I can find the 1/24 Red Bull Truck as well? Would be a perfect complement, with all the Red Bull vehicles in 1/24!

Is the front suspension still molded onto the body? I built the McLaren MP4/12, and the only thing good I can recall are the decals!

Thanks
Derek

BullittStang
01-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Which online store can I buy the Sauber from at $16 bucks? Slightly OT, but anyone know where I can find the 1/24 Red Bull Truck as well? Would be a perfect complement, with all the Red Bull vehicles in 1/24!

Is the front suspension still molded onto the body? I built the McLaren MP4/12, and the only thing good I can recall are the decals!

Thanks
Derek

No...the suspension is molded seperately. With the Sauber you can actually assemble, putty, and paint the chassis before the suspension on. I will admit the upper front a-arms needs to be cut, but that's no big deal.

Overall though...a big improvement.

Regards,
Joe

TireGaint
01-11-2004, 12:05 PM
SUCKS, Where are the new F1 from Mr. Tamiya!!!!!!! I want all top four teams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add your comment to this topic!