Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

HELP! Major Electrical problems

sbddude
01-10-2004, 09:34 PM
My car was stolen and the stereo, rear speakers, seats and battery was stolen. I think they did some electrical damage when they took the car and i am trying to fix it. Any help is really appreciated.

I have a 1991 Prelude and the more i try to fix it the more I find is wrong with it. :uhoh: The brand new (pioneer) radio I installed does not turn on. There is 12V measured at the BATT lead and 12V measured at the ACC lead when the ignition is on. The ground measures very small resistance between stereo ground and cigarette lighter ground. When i plug in the stereo to the harness, I hear a click in the trunk and the radiator fan turns on. When the stereo is disconnected, ignition off, and i press the cover of the clock (supposed to turn clock on while held down), radiator fan comes on, click in trunk. The cigarette lighter works.

When the car sits for a few days, the battery goes dead. The battery is brand new. The car starts fine when starting only after a day.

I think that's all the symptoms and observations. If you know about this kind of stuff, please take a minute and post a reply. I really appreciate any help.

60hz163.5db
01-11-2004, 12:06 AM
as you prolly already have check all fuses and try regrounding the head unit it may be tryin to pull ground.

Haibane
01-11-2004, 12:55 PM
I know you are a bit ticked about this, but try to limit it to one forum that you post this in, so far I have found three on this Bulletin Board.

Add your comment to this topic!