Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Nextel 2004....sounds weird but who knows

Srocket_3
01-09-2004, 05:44 PM
As the 2004 Nextel Cup season approaches I am getting more and more antsy to see all the changes. Toyota in the truck series, Nextel not RJR, playoffs in the cup, all of which will be a little tough to get used to at first. But this is my list of what I think will be good and bad for NASCAR in the upcoming season:

Good:
Toyota...specifically cause I think they are gonna raise the bar for performance in NASCAR and hopefully stop the whining about everything being the same on all the cars.
Soft walls...NASCAR has needed these for a long time and as a result I think there will be a substantial diffence in injuries from 2003 to 2004.
Sponsers...with the intro of Nextel to NASCAR a lot of new sponsers are coming out of the woodwork to be part of the modern legend of NASCAR which will create a bit more money for tracks and supplies.

Bad:
Playoffs...I don't think that is a very wise way of ending a NASCAR season. It is intended to make it a little more possible for the winningest drivers of the season to be champions. Not enough details are available at this point to really rag on it too bad.
Rules Rules and more Rules...there have already been lots of new rules(about little things even) that I personally don't think are a neccesity such as the revamped lucky dog pass(too detailed to get into), what needed to change about that? it was already taking away from something that has always been part of NASCAR.

But I want to know what everyone else thinks is bad and good coming into Nextel 2004....your answers will give me more to think about....so tell me your side.

Add your comment to this topic!