Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'94 Engine randomly quits

94LeSabre
01-09-2004, 05:02 PM
I'm having a recurring problem with my 94 LeSabre engine shutting off, losing all power. This problem occured the first time last winter. The only code that appeared indicated a faulty mass airflow sensor, which was replaced but the problem continued. The computer was replaced and the car ran great until this winter, and now the car is dying on me again. Every mechanic I have taken it to can't find any problems because no codes show up. If anyone has any ideas, please help!

Webb
01-12-2004, 08:32 AM
I'm having a recurring problem with my 94 LeSabre engine shutting off, losing all power. This problem occured the first time last winter. The only code that appeared indicated a faulty mass airflow sensor, which was replaced but the problem continued. The computer was replaced and the car ran great until this winter, and now the car is dying on me again. Every mechanic I have taken it to can't find any problems because no codes show up. If anyone has any ideas, please help!
If the car stops after it seems to hit normal temperature I suggest the crankshaft position sensor. If it seems to be hard starting it maybe the camshaft sensor. I had trouble with my 83 and it was the crankshaft position sensor. You can see my posting dtd 10/31/02 Engine Stalls randomly without warning under webb

Add your comment to this topic!