Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

no air coming from heater vents

chewing gum
01-09-2004, 02:42 PM
my son has a 93 t/a, he says he is getting no air flow from the heater, he also had trouble with the a/c doing the same thing. He says that he has two friends with camaros that have the same problem. Is this a common thing? He says he has checked the fuses and finds nothing wrong there. I am going to go this weekend to look at it, what should I check first? thanks.

wht86ta
01-11-2004, 05:06 AM
Hay there, i have the same problem in my 86ta. Finally i ran 12v to the fan right from the battery. the fan still didnt turn so i ended up taking it out tonight. is -18c out and boy is it cold.

burnM
01-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Does the fan run,but there is no air flow? I had the same problem on a different car. It turns out that GM likes to put the heater core & a/c evaporator within the same duct. What happens is the a/c picks up condensation & the dust & dirt will build up on it. I took mine apart to clean it & now I have much better air flow.Maybe you could get away with running some sort of anti-mold agent through the cowl inlet. I hope that helps.

chewing gum
01-19-2004, 04:27 PM
thanks for the help, I still havent done anything with the car since I posted, the fuel pump quit the day before i went, so we called it off. After more questions, he told me that there is a small amount of air coming out, with a bit of a change in flow when changing switch settings. So yeah it sounds like something is plugged or a duct has come loose. Is there a filter involved somewhere in the system?

burnM
01-19-2004, 07:53 PM
There should be a piece of foam attached to the a/c evaporator.The dirt should either be stuck to that,or the opposite side of it.When I cleaned mine off there was a buildup of about 1/4 inch of crap on it.You could imagine how that hindered air flow.Anyways now the heat gets pushed through the duct alot better.

koeb$
01-22-2004, 05:36 PM
for the heater in my 84, i found out my blower wanst grounded, so for a short time i ran a wire from the blower the the negative terminal on my battery till i had time to re-connect the ground

Add your comment to this topic!